Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harry

Guess the station

SOUTH FERREY!?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(inner loop... is it gone?????)

One of two stations with demolition going on/happened...

SOUTH FERREY!?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(inner loop... is it gone?????)

One of two stations with demolition going on/happened...

WTF? lol..I'm guessing that you've never, ever been to South Ferry just once? The one and only station entrance to the platform is located inside the ferry terminal. There never was a standard street entrance to the platform..especially because the station is like 10ft below ground.

And the inner loop isn't gone either.

My guess is Columbus Circle because they're doing all that rebuilding there.

WTF? lol..I'm guessing that you've never, ever been to South Ferry just once? The one and only station entrance to the platform is located inside the ferry terminal. There never was a standard street entrance to the platform..especially because the station is like 10ft below ground.

And the inner loop isn't gone either.

My guess is Columbus Circle because they're doing all that rebuilding there.

From what I saw last time I was there was a large hole in the ground and an entrance to the inner loop with a locked building around it. I figure they removed that so the workers could get down there easily. Besides, in a picture I saw, there was sunlight pouring out of an inner loop platform entrance (here).

cortlandt st N R W

thats (R)(W) cortlandt street station stairs.

It is in fact the stairs to the old Cortlandt Street station on the (R) & (W) route.

Its an interesting and sad pic at the same time.

Yes it is.

It looks like a stairway to nowhere if you ask me, it appears there is sunlight down there.

Its an interesting and sad pic at the same time.

True. However, even if the horrific events that took place on September 11th, 2001 never happened, The Fulton St Transfer Center might have broken ground anyway right?

Do they plan on restoring the stairs to normal condition? If not then why not demolish and get rid of it already.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.