Random Bus Shots

Dan05979

I was in the mood today to take a few pics while I was working.

I got busy and couln't get anymore shots but here it goes:

p.s Dont drive and take pics its dangerous :cool:

Usual Disasterous morning on the n/b Van Wyck, caught that bus riding the shoulder

Canon2009509.jpg

Let this dude in the lane, how nice of me (thats for you knightrider):cool:

Canon2009514.jpg

Canon2009515.jpg

Canon2009516.jpg

Canon2009517.jpg

On Main street

Canon2009521.jpg

Canon2009522.jpg

Canon2009523.jpg

More to come! Thanks for looking.

Lol you had no choice but to let him in or else he would have been riding the hash markings because the merge lane was ending

I drive for a living, I know how it is out there, you put your signals I let you in, no problem. That bus driver even flashed is hazzard lights as a thank you.

Well (D)an poetry in motion yes ? How sweet it is .(D)on't ya just love the (V)an (W)yck ,Now we all know how much you do :tup:<Q>(V) was also the ones who got stuck on (F)ranny lou

It could be 3am and theres traffic on the van wyck. When I have to jump on the wyck, I know its a deathtrap but sometimes I have no choice. :) :tdown:

Nice pics in motion.Is the Q44 line entirely hybrid now or are they still running some Orion 5 diesels?

Good question. The dispatchers try to keep mostly hybrids on the Q44/20 only because they are newer buses and supposedly won't break down and become a Roadcall (R/C). Though many old Orions do wind up on the line everyday. I had one out there Thanksgiving night. Think it was # 537... :)

Good question. The dispatchers try to keep mostly hybrids on the Q44/20 only because they are newer buses and supposedly won't break down and become a Roadcall (R/C). Though many old Orions do wind up on the line everyday. I had one out there Thanksgiving night. Think it was # 537... :(
Logistically having hybrids on the line is a good call considering that it`s a long route where anything can happen,but blowing down Main street on a O5 Q44 LTD was epic!

Archived