Bavarian subway fan says hi

keysersoze

Hi everybody,

Oliver's the name. I'm 23 years old and live in Munich, Germany. Ever since I was a child I've been fascinated by subways and public transport systems.

Since my first trip to NYC in 2003, I am a total fan of the NYC subway. The size and complexity of the system along with the diversity of the fleet and the station designs are fascinating me. My last trip to NYC this June was basically one big subway trip - I did nothing else but ride the subways and explore the system for 5 days. Took some 1,100 pictures in 5 days. :)

I hope I will be able to come again next year for another 5 or 6 days of subway touring. My plan would be to tour the lines were the R32's, R38's, R40's and R42's are still in service, which - if I'm correct - would be be the A C E, J M Z, B and W. I hope I will still be able to see a lot of R40 slants on the B and W since they are my favourite cars, but will soon be gone :P I think I'll have to hurry with buying the tickets to NYC...

I hope I will get to know a lot of new stuff here, and if you want to, I can sometimes contribute some transit pics from over here as well.

Oliver

Hey Oliver it's nice to see you back on. There's a lot of changes happening soon with the NYC Subway in the next year or so. The great members of this community are knowledgeable and will be always willing to answer any questions you may have.

I've seen your two photos at 50th & 23rd Street stations. We all look forward to seeing your photos from your trip to NYC and the subways. If there's anything we can help you with please do not hesitate to ask.

Harry

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome :P

I will be posting some pictures of my June 2007 NYC trip soon!

I have to admit that I'm using the car for my way to work now, which cut down my one-way commute time from 45 to 25 minutes. But on weekends and holidays, I'm doing a lot of railfanning around here, too. Munich subway is of course no comparison to the NYC one, but we have 98 stations in total and it's also fun to tour. Quite a lot to see, pictures will follow :)

• 2 weeks later...
welcome Oliver! I hope New York was good to you.
Yes, I do love New York City ever since my first stay in 2003... I simply love the architecture, the stores, the restaurants, the busyness of the city and... of course the subway :) Plus, everybody I met was friendly and that's something I really like!

If you can show us some Munich transit that would be awesome.
My first picture post with Munich transit will be online today! :D

Archived