NY fliers angry after suspected Nigerian terrorist tries to blow up plane

Harry

Passengers at LaGuardia Airport were on edge Friday night after a Nigerian man with links to Al Qaeda tried to blow up a packed commercial jet as it landed in Detroit.

"Why the hell was he able to get through to do that?" asked Stephen Fauconier, who arrived from Houston on a Continental Airlines flight to visit his dad.

Fauconier, 55, a customer service agent for Continental Airlines, was seething over the security breach and said he would have thought twice about flying if he had known about the incident.

"If one can get through, then a couple others can," he said. "Generally it seems they don't operate one at a time."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2009/12/26/2009-12-26_ny_fliers_rage_at_security_lapse.html#ixzz0aoHEWPPZ

post-1-133288581531_thumb.jpg

post-1-133288581531_thumb.jpg

This is just plain crazy clearly someone wasnt doing their job and this man got through the security.i hate to say it but security needs to be a lot more tough after all the threats and all i expect that they do their job alot better.thats another reason why i never went on a plane in my life and never will. ill stick to ground transportation.im thankfull to hear that no one was hurt thats good.;)

• 2 months later...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/8548021.stm

BBC news suggests the plane wouldn't have exploded even if the crazy man had been able to detonate the bomb. That said I don't really see how the experiment they have carried out is valid, given that the 'plane in questions was an Airbus and they have carried out their test on a 747, but I suppose they know best....

Archived