Has anyone rode any NJ Transit lines lately?

NJTransitFan

The last time I rode NJ Transit was in 2004 on the Raritan Valley line. It was actually a pretty nice line to ride. It's mixed with some freight lines and the Northeast corridor out of Newark Penn station heading south west toward Dunellen.

It was cool seeing the Acela's coming in and out of Penn station also. I'm planning on taking a ride to DC on the Acela. I'm looking forward to it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I went to the Liberty Science Center two years ago and remember reading something about an old railroad station or yard near the Center.

I was wondering if you know anything about it?

When driving to the center I was actually looking around to see if I can spot it somewhere.

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

I rode the NJCL the other day up to Hoboken. I have always loved the NJCL as I live right by it. One of the Senic aspects of the NJCL is of course the numerous water crossings. Once you live the boro's and the various towns you can see the senic beauty that is the Jersey shore especially south of Red Bank and down to Bay Head.

Eric

Last week I rode the 5:16 Trenton "Super Express" to Princeton Junction,those new Mult-Level cars ride pretty well

In addition to that I ride the M & E lines to South Orange alot and the Raritan Valley Line to Union,because I have family and friends in those areas I visit frequently

I also use the HBLR Between 45th St and Exchange Place at least 3 times a month

I rode the bi-levels on a super express back in January. They ride very good.

Last Friday, I rode a Comet V on a super express to Trenton, and a Arrow III on the way back. The Coment V is all right (I like them more than the LIRR M7s, I like the Arrow IIIs too cause they have fast accelleration.)

The Comet V's are nice,its just that they're plagued with electronic problems,they don't do very well in mixed consist. I like MU's,but im a sucker for push-pulls..lol

Well NJT is still using the comet I cars in commuter service out of Hoboken for service to Port Jervis New York.

Eric

• 7 months later...

Archived