Roosevelt Avenue/74th Street as an express stop?

Trackworker

I double checked with the Foreman today and he said 74st. will be an express stop.

I also asked him if it was a secret since there was no news about this nor any parades on Roosevelt:rolleyes: I guess people always focus on the negative.

Thanks for the info then.

And ya, I'm surprised the MTA didn't make an announcement about that before. People might as well figure it out with the track work going on by 74th Street.

And ya, I'm surprised the MTA didn't make an announcement about that before. People might as well figure it out with the track work going on by 74th Street.

They [MTA] leave it for the rail buffs to figure it out themselves. Which usually happens.

I thought more people would be happy about this.

On the other boards they are all worried about the congestion....rightfully so.

Of coruse people just want to get home, they could care less about switches and stops only railfans have interest in things like this..

You know the Emm-Tee-Yaa is tight lipped about "certain" things, they cant help it its in thier nature...:cool::cool::cool:

I thought more people would be happy about this.

On the other boards they are all worried about the congestion....rightfully so.

This is actually great news. So basically, Flushing bound (7x) trains will switch from the Express to local Track south of 74th St, and switch back over north of 74th St, and Vice Versa for Manhattan Bound (7x) Trains?B) What will become of the middle track 74th St then?

I just asked just to be certain, an RTO and two more white hats about this...the RTO said yes, one foreman said no and the other said yes, their will be will be an express stop at 74st..

It's funny because you had one side who said it will be chaotic while the other side said it will be great.

This is actually great news. So basically, Flushing bound (7x) trains will switch from the Express to local Track south of 74th St, and switch back over north of 74th St, and Vice Versa for Manhattan Bound (7x) Trains?B) What will become of the middle track 74th St then?

It'll just sit there in there until they need it.

Question is how long until the MTA pulls the plug on the idea because we all know a congestion hellhold is going to come out of this.......

I think the current plan works fine because it divides the people who need to transfer to the IND at 74 Street from the people who want the express stations (61 Street, Junction Blvd, Shea Stadium and Main Street). With EVERY train stopping at 74 Street which also includes merging, will add additional travel time on the local and express trains. The MTA is fixing something that is not broke. The only benefit is that 74 Street will see twice as many trains than they see now.

Well, I'll miss the sounds of the train moving from 61st to 69th Street Flushing-bound, regardless of it being local or express...I loved those switches. Though I think the new ones at 74th will be even better.

I know what you mean. On My 22nd Birthday "666:eek:"- June 6,2006, I exited the (7) at Woodside-61 St, and walked under the El to the 69th St Station. Oh MAN! The Flushing Bound (7x) flew over those switches; that was music to my ears. It was unexplainable! lol:cool:

Archived