Bus sighting on 495w

Dan05979

Sorry I have no pics I did not have my camera with me today but heading west on the L.I.E near exit 65 and traffic's moving about 75 to 80 mph and all of a sudden the right lane starts slowing down quickly. In front of me was another truck he made the lane change and to my eyes there was a nyct bus doing about 40 to 45 mph, almost caused a major accident.

So I noticed the rear of the bus had no number and no depot sticker but when I drove next to it I noticed the number was 7652 (hybrid) and a sad faced driver. passed him and looked in my mirror to see the dest. sign had Bx21 scrolling across. so I gave him the thumbs up for all you bus lovers.

Where was he coming from and why was he up so far on the l.i.e? I know the Bx21 dosen't go that far lol

And too bad that bus is governed because he was hurting out there because everyone was tearing him up, including me lol

this was today around 2pm.

I'm pretty sure that Mr. Paterson isn't the one slowing down the buses.:cool:

tee hee.

I also spotted a similar bus heading east on tuesday around 3:30am around exit 44, he had his hazards on because he was going at least 40 - 45 mph. thats rough!

tee hee.

I also spotted a similar bus heading east on tuesday around 3:30am around exit 44, he had his hazards on because he was going at least 40 - 45 mph. thats rough!

good you should have your hazard lights on if your going less then the speed limit on the highway so drivers behind you dont run up on you

That is one dumb thing that the TA does, that annoys me. If you know your bus need to go on the Highway, you make sure it can go 55-60mph. There is nothing worst than becoming a road road hazard to others. Even if the driver put on their Hazards, it still is a good drive from exit 62 on the LIE, back to WF depot. If an accident ever occurs, MTA needs to be held full accountable, cause there is no excuse they can give of why their bus coming from a engine repair shop, can't go with the flow of traffic.........

If it were going that slow going there, well then the excuse can be it had engine troubles that made it that slow........

Meanwhile, NJT buses are flying down the NJ Turnpike. I go 65 (once you get a ticket, you never want to speed again), and NJT buses pass me!

Rule of thumb: never do more than 15 mph over the limit; I got stopped for doing 71 in a 55 on speedtrap Route 17 in Ramsey. Fortunately the New York State DMV doesn't honor out-of-state points (whew!)

Do 65 in a 55 and 75 in a 65 and you'll be fine. I'll even push 79 in a 65 and cars will be whizzing by me!

Archived