New 160 at 207 + MTA Cop Harassment

R33WF

Too me, this whole issue is stupid. These are people afraid that they'll be blown up by a terrorist so they overreact to someone taking PICTURES! They're basically saying you can't take PICTURES. This issue upsets me. Even when shown the the right papers, they override the rules. They're just scared. What, "I think I'll place my bomb right in that R160 window sill; Or maybe in between the doors when they close." What is that!? Look, I say hassle and arrest someone that is TRESPASSING taking photos. If a terrorist organization really wants information don't you think they can pay one of their cronies $4.50 a day to ride and study the system.

Also if Zach were doing that, he'd have an NYCT visitor pass which establishes that he is authorized to be in the yard, no further questions asked. And if he was really causing problems (since we're talking about Zach here...haha I'm just kidding (Z)), it's easy to see who signed for him at the guard house. Otherwise most likely after viewing the visitor pass, it would be "have a nice day" and off they go.

Depends on where he is, try getting photos in Stillwell Tower or out in the actual yard. Anyway, unless you are a regular at the yard, it's still a good idea to have the person who signed you in not too far away.

I heard a story where a subway photographer was arrested. It occured in the Bronx along the White Plains Road Line but I forgot what station.

i predict the story will make the news in the next few weeks(fox 5 news)......:D

some interesting developments...........

Nice pics! And;

1. MTA police don't patrol subway property. (only MNRR, LIRR, SIRT)

2. You ate allowed to take pictures as long as you are not truss passing or putting yourself in danger.

3. They kinda are MTA property because they paid for them. Nut still you are allowed to take pictures because it is the same as if they were at a train station.

You should definitly complain to the MTA about this because that is unacceptable:mad:

unfortunatly, if you try to prove a cop wrong, they'll try and nail you for a dis-con charge because you are showing them up(proving them worng)..but if that were me, i'd stand my ground and see if the guard calls the cops.......

by them walking away and saying they dont want problems, the nonsense on photography will continue.........and if anyone were paying attention, there was a big case on the last time police tried to nail someone for photography.........

Understandable. It's a lose lose situation as they have the 'authority' and if you go beyond a certain limit they can use their 'power' to arrest you or take down your info.

I personally choose the less hostile road and prefer to just leave and not make a big scene over it as it is: not worth it and I'll lose the arguement anyway. Espeically if I'm by myself. But if I had a few people backing me up, then I'd probably at least try to plead my case than to just leave right away.

Understandable. It's a lose lose situation as they have the 'authority' and if you go beyond a certain limit they can use their 'power' to arrest you or take down your info.

I personally choose the less hostile road and prefer to just leave and not make a big scene over it as it is: not worth it and I'll lose the arguement anyway. Espeically if I'm by myself. But if I had a few people backing me up, then I'd probably at least try to plead my case than to just leave right away.

They've taken my info down before...:mad:

This was along the Jerome line...which seems to get wifi in some spots...and I happened to be lucky enough to get wifi where I was IIRC it was right at Fordham Road. My cousin Dled the facebook app which I was screwing around with beforehand and it helped me alot in the long run. Not saying that pulling out your facebook will always work but...it worked for me lol.

This was along the Jerome line...which seems to get wifi in some spots...and I happened to be lucky enough to get wifi where I was IIRC it was right at Fordham Road. My cousin Dled the facebook app which I was screwing around with beforehand and it helped me alot in the long run. Not saying that pulling out your facebook will always work but...it worked for me lol.

I'm gonna try that one day (if that ever happens) and then flip the bird at the cop while I leave!!! LMAO!

NOTE: The above post was NOT to be taken seriously in any way, as I do not condone bird-flipping of any sort (including pigeon-flipping, seagull-flipping, sparrow-flipping...you get the idea :P) at any local authority figure, be it a cop, security guard, transit worker, etc., etc.

Anyways, @fordhamkid, you're not the only one who's received random wi-fi signals at elevated stations. There's one at the Franklin Avenue station by the southern end of the platform, and I often use it while I wait for the Shuttle to Prospect Park.

well I had borrowed my cousins itouch the day before and when I got stopped...I pulled up my facebook and shut them up lol

Or.....you could just get a state-issued ID.

ewww Facebook.

Don't you mean iPod touch? :(

They've taken my info down before...:mad:

It's a harmleass info takedown. It's put into a...i guess....a logbook? correct me if I'm wrong.

u n3v3r h34rd 0f l33t?

No, but I've heard of ENGLISH, which people don't seem to make much use of these days....

Yeah, you'll need wi-fi to navigate through the app.

Damn, that sucks.

Very lucky. It would be nice if there was an actual map of the city where wifis are good.

Or.....you could just get a state-issued ID.

ewww Facebook.

Don't you mean iPod touch? ...

Oh who cares? I call it an itouch even though it says ipod.

Archived