New 160 at 207 + MTA Cop Harassment

R33WF

Nope. Besides, my friends and I act very civil on the train, including fan trip trains.

I won't get into it here, but I seem to recall that you like to yell out the window and curse at people on the platform. But this is not the time for that discussion.

Lrg, I'm sorry, but I have to agree with Joe and the others here. No matter how wrong the cops are, you never show disrespect to the cops as they have the authority. Pissing them off is the last thing you'd want to do. If you want to disagree, be civil, don't give them a reason to throw you in the slammer for being unruly.

Julio and I already discussed that over. But cops need to know how to make light of the situation correctly instead of being hostile every single time. I've only had to deal with a cop once, but it wasn't nearly as bad as the unruly tower dispatcher I encountered back in November.

I won't get into it here, but I seem to recall that you like to yell out the window and curse at people on the platform. But this is not the time for that discussion.

Of course it isn't, because that's just an asinine presumption. Don't BS me.

Julio and I already discussed that over. But cops need to know how to make light of the situation correctly instead of being hostile every single time. I've only had to deal with a cop once, but it wasn't nearly as bad as the unruly tower dispatcher I encountered back in November.

Why should a police officer not be on edge when dealing with some random person on the street? Who do they know you won't suddenly snap and try to kill them, there is no reason for them to trust you. You would be on edge to if you had to respond to the call of a suspicious person taking photos of a rail yard. to the average person, that is the definition of suspicious activity.

Also, don't even try to say you were an innocent victim out side that tower back in November.

And I am not BSing you, your not worth BSing.

Why should a police officer not be on edge when dealing with some random person on the street? Who do they know you won't suddenly snap and try to kill them, there is no reason for them to trust you. You would be on edge to if you had to respond to the call of a suspicious person taking photos of a rail yard. to the average person, that is the definition of suspicious activity.

Also, don't even try to say you were an innocent victim out side that tower back in November.

And I am not BSing you, your not worth BSing.

Of course I'm not worth BSing with, cuz I'm not the type of person who Thales that lightly at all.

So lemme ask you this: if I go into a train yard, with permission like Zach did a couple weeks ago of course, and all of a sudden cops pull by questioning what the hell is unauthorized personnel doing in the train yard taking pictures of the trains, by the time Zach even tries to give a legit explanation as to how he got into the yard the cops would me making their way to him andpin him down and slap a pair of cuffs behind his back when he was doing absolutely NOTHING wrong.

So lemme ask you this: if I go into a train yard, with permission like Zach did a couple weeks ago of course, and all of a sudden cops pull by questioning what the hell is unauthorized personnel doing in the train yard taking pictures of the trains, by the time Zach even tries to give a legit explanation as to how he got into the yard the cops would me making their way to him andpin him down and slap a pair of cuffs behind his back when he was doing absolutely NOTHING wrong.

If Zach tried to hit one of them with a shoepaddle, then perhaps your scenario would have a slight chance of being realistic.

However, since Zach would never do something like that, it's highly unlikely the police would arrest him. Hell, it's highly unlikely they'd even come to the yard.

Of course I'm not worth BSing with, cuz I'm not the type of person who Thales that lightly at all.

If Zach is in CIY (I don't know why you are dragging him into this), he would be crazy to not have his contact with him at all times. When you are signed in as a visitor in a TA facility, you represent through your actions who ever signed you in. That being said, once your inside, your authorized to be there and you can take photos.

If Zach tried to hit one of them with a shoepaddle, then perhaps your scenario would have a slight chance of being realistic.

However, since Zach would never do something like that, it's highly unlikely the police would arrest him. Hell, it's highly unlikely they'd even come to the yard.

That I understand. Besides, my original post aimed at Anthony was intended to be taken as a joke anyway. Never in my life have I disrespected a police officer or a transit worker (with the exception of my brother when he's off duty, cuz he acts like a total jackass anyway when he's home). Why? Because that would just increase my chances of getting into more confrontations with police officers and transit workers, and I'd know for sure that they'd be against me instead of willing to help me. I don't find a need to disrespect any civil service employee. I know quite a few B/Os and T/Os in the field and one bad remark could just have the whole department turn against you. All in all, I just feel that cops need to know how to handle a situation correctly, and NOT in a hostile manner like what Anthony and I experienced, because that would just cause people to resent cops even more. We want cops to help make a safe city to be in and to railfan in but IMO cops should know how to help the public.

If Zach is in CIY (I don't know why you are dragging him into this), he would be crazy to not have his contact with him at all times. When you are signed in as a visitor in a TA facility, you represent through your actions who ever signed you in. That being said, once your inside, your authorized to be there and you can take photos.

I'm just using an example. I mean no malice of the sort to Zach whatsoever.

Lrg, I'm sorry, but I have to agree with Joe and the others here. No matter how wrong the cops are, you never show disrespect to the cops as they have the authority. Pissing them off is the last thing you'd want to do. If you want to disagree, be civil, don't give them a reason to throw you in the slammer for being unruly.

unfortunatly, if you try to prove a cop wrong, they'll try and nail you for a dis-con charge because you are showing them up(proving them worng)..but if that were me, i'd stand my ground and see if the guard calls the cops.......

by them walking away and saying they dont want problems, the nonsense on photography will continue.........and if anyone were paying attention, there was a big case on the last time police tried to nail someone for photography.........

unfortunatly, if you try to prove a cop wrong, they'll try and nail you for a dis-con charge because you are showing them up(proving them worng)..but if that were me, i'd stand my ground and see if the guard calls the cops.......

by them walking away and saying they dont want problems, the nonsense on photography will continue.........and if anyone were paying attention, there was a big case on the last time police tried to nail someone for photography.........

I heard a story where a subway photographer was arrested. It occured in the Bronx along the White Plains Road Line but I forgot what station.

Wasn't it a CTA who got arrested? If thats the story, what I heard was that he got into a yelling match with the police.

Don't know where you got that from but I've been questioned by NYPD officers before. Never went further than asking for my ID and asking what I'm doing.

I was joking. I never saw that happen.

This might be off-topic but I saw 9896 being delivered at 11PM Tuesday.

no, it's not off topic.

___________________________________________________________________________________

GOOD LORD!

What the hell happened in this thread!? This thread was about R160 deliveries, but now it's NYCTF v. lrg5784, and some other things. The MTA cop thing was a little side story. And I'm sure lrg5784 was joking when he said stick up your finger at the cops.

That I understand. Besides, my original post aimed at Anthony was intended to be taken as a joke anyway. Never in my life have I disrespected a police officer or a transit worker (with the exception of my brother when he's off duty, cuz he acts like a total jackass anyway when he's home). Why? Because that would just increase my chances of getting into more confrontations with police officers and transit workers, and I'd know for sure that they'd be against me instead of willing to help me. I don't find a need to disrespect any civil service employee. I know quite a few B/Os and T/Os in the field and one bad remark could just have the whole department turn against you. All in all, I just feel that cops need to know how to handle a situation correctly, and NOT in a hostile manner like what Anthony and I experienced, because that would just cause people to resent cops even more. We want cops to help make a safe city to be in and to railfan in but IMO cops should know how to help the public.

THATS the post i was waiting for :tup:

I was joking. I never saw that happen.

no, it's not off topic.

___________________________________________________________________________________

GOOD LORD!

What the hell happened in this thread!? This thread was about R160 deliveries, but now it's NYCTF v. lrg5784, and some other things. The MTA cop thing was a little side story. And I'm sure lrg5784 was joking when he said stick up your finger at the cops.

I really was joking. Did you not see my above post?

THATS the post i was waiting for :tup:

Lol, anytime sir :cool:

Finally a 97xx series I thought they'd never come.Nice vids,damn man nasty a$$ MTA people.MTA should give these jobs to real train buffs.The people who ***** about taking pics or vid(T/O,C/R etc) they don't care about their jobs.The friendly ones are the people who talk to you in a nice way wave,ask questions about trains.This is crazy man.

I must agree with INDman re: courtesy.

Last year I was stopped by 3 LIRR TP's @ Jamaica who politely asked me when I was going to delete my photo's. I asked why and got usual response. After a short discussion and showing ID (I didn't have my appropriate photo right's letters with me), they smiled and simply said "don't take any more".

Even though thay may be incorrect, they are still police officers and I never argue with a man with a badge and handcuffs. It ain't worth the hassle.

Finally a 97xx series I thought they'd never come.Nice vids,damn man nasty a$$ MTA people.MTA should give these jobs to real train buffs.The people who ***** about taking pics or vid(T/O,C/R etc) they don't care about their jobs.The friendly ones are the people who talk to you in a nice way wave,ask questions about trains.This is crazy man.

Thanks

Not every employee is going to be a train buff and frankly that's a good thing. Many of them are (and many of them are tremendous people I should add), many are not, and that is true in all departments up and down the different levels of employment there. It's just a fact of life, just like when you go to McDonald's that the employee serving you is not going to be a "hamburger foamer" or when you go to Best Buy that not every person working there is a "tech foamer." People have jobs because they need them, and not all jobs are "careers" or even "callings" sometimes you just gotta pay the bills. Some are fortunate enough to do something they love, but many aren't. For some working for TA is a hassle from day one, for others they like trains and the equipment and it's a dream come true in some ways but it has it's share of BS too. But you can't expect everyone to view their jobs the same way that people who like what they work with do.

If you're a train buff and you want to do it, you know what to do...take the next test...

Also if Zach were doing that, he'd have an NYCT visitor pass which establishes that he is authorized to be in the yard, no further questions asked. And if he was really causing problems (since we're talking about Zach here...haha I'm just kidding (Z)), it's easy to see who signed for him at the guard house. Otherwise most likely after viewing the visitor pass, it would be "have a nice day" and off they go.

Archived