No adaptor?

INDman

I was on an R160 on the (F) and I noticed this when I was looking out the front window.

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

If you can't read it, it says: "No Adapter Coupler In This Car"

I though the "A" cars on all NTT train had adapters in a box under the off side seat bench at the #1 end? There was no metal box except for the one containing all the BCO handles. I this something new or do the R160s get them installed after they come on property?

I was on an R160 on the (F) and I noticed this when I was looking out the front window.

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

If you can't read it, it says: "No Adapter Coupler In This Car"

I though the "A" cars on all NTT train had adapters in a box under the off side seat bench at the #1 end? There was no metal box except for the one containing all the BCO handles. I this something new or do the R160s get them installed after they come on property?

Ya Jamica Yard started pulling on Aderter from each unit. They think that since one day the yard might only have R46's and R160's they won't need them that offen.

Ya Jamica Yard started pulling on Aderter from each unit. They think that since one day the yard might only have R46's and R160's they won't need them that offen.

Interesting, but I think it would be a bad idea since there is still alot of equipment with H2Cs out on the road. On the other hand, CED Emergency Response trucks have then too.

Interesting, but I think it would be a bad idea since there is still alot of equipment with H2Cs out on the road. On the other hand, CED Emergency Response trucks have then too.

Both adapter couplers on The R160 and R46 practically the same, just on the R46's when you look at the cradle, it's smaller.

Both adapter couplers on The R160 and R46 practically the same, just on the R46's when you look at the cradle, it's smaller.

I know there basically the same, its just easier to have one on the train then to have to lug it from the truck down the tunnel to the train.

Well, just a guess on my end, but probably the TA don't want risking a female T/O getting hurt trying to life one and hookin' it to the train.

Looks like Fat Caz was right, the skirts even made RTO eliminate the usage of trip cocks and angle cocks since they got offended.

LOL Caz,You mean Fat Caz.Are you serious about the term trip cock being omitted from the (MTA) jargon? I heard of this happenng before.

In RTO, a trip cock is now a train borne tripping device and an angle cock is now a valve or something stupid.

You know last time I saw INDman, he was pulling on a cock.

Hey before you can move, you gotta reset the cock. Either hit it with a brake handle or a hammer.

In RTO, a trip cock is now a train borne tripping device and an angle cock is now a valve or something stupid.

IINM angle cock is just "angle" now ie "close the angles"

Hey before you can move, you gotta reset the cock. Either hit it with a brake handle or a hammer.

Ouch...Sounds painful. :cool:

Over here in the "A" division put-in and layup are considered offensive. Those trains are either entering service or being removed from service and returning to the storage facility. To those who know the (2) and/or (5) lines the trains are no longer referred to as "on the hump". We are waiting behind so and so home signal instead. Talk about political correctness !!!

Over here in the "A" division put-in and layup are considered offensive. Those trains are either entering service or being removed from service and returning to the storage facility. To those who know the (2) and/or (5) lines the trains are no longer referred to as "on the hump". We are waiting behind so and so home signal instead. Talk about political correctness !!!

I had heard that but I was hoping that it was just a rumor. Sad commentary on your society.

Talk about not being mature over in the IRT. It just gets worse.

And surely you and INDMan's conversation is preverted, simply that is what turned out to be the 21st Century indeed, :).

How is the conversation perverted? The terms trip cock and angle cock along with many other "dirty" words have been apart of railroading and air brakes since they have been around. It's just sad that people find there use offensive and they must be removed from use.

How is the conversation perverted? The terms trip cock and angle cock along with many other "dirty" words have been apart of railroading and air brakes since they have been around. It's just sad that people find there use offensive and they must be removed from use.

Yup. Too bad they can't just tell these people that if they don't like it they can turn in their handles, keys, and w/e else and get out of the job if they can't handle it. And since the training of new employees has been reportedly unsatisfactory, they should concentrate on keeping things moving fast and safely instead of finding every possible innuendo that could come from a trip cock or put-in. Also, a lay-up is a term still used in basketball, so I wonder if the NBA or other leagues are going to follow in the (MTA) footsteps and eliminate it.

His post sounds like the political correctness that is taking the fun out of our society...

Archived