DERAILMENT on the 7 Line

cdi919

from what i hear from tss's that responded the wheel popped off the rail. that area the wood ties are in bad shape and need to be redone.

An equipment problem wow what a surprise...

Hopefully the T/O's on the train are OK medical wise so they can get back to work...

Wow thats a first for work equipment.C`mon (MTA) even your work equipment is jumping ship!!!:o

Actually something like this happened last year on the West End line part of the work train fell into the street and it tore up some of the track, they had to use a hoist to get it right..

Oh Yeah I remember that one. It was a good day for me My trip on the (M) was dropped because (M) were suspended Below Chambers and (D) Trains were operating in 2 section 205 St to 62 and Bay Parkway to Stillwell. I had a one tripper out of Bay Parkway so it was a free day. I will never see a day like that again.

You know what would be ironic: if the car that derailed was the crane car.

Happens more than you know.. Lifting with the boom perpendicular to the the car body can cause real problems.. not just on rail equipment cranes, but regular cranes too if the stantion/bolster legs aren't lowered into place, or if they sink into the roadway surface..

Archived