NYC schools closed Wednesday due to weather

Sea Beach

NEW YORK (WABC) -- In preperation of tomorrow's snow event, NYC schools will be closed.

For more on this breaking story, tune in to Eyewitness News at Noon.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news&id=7266619

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For them to close the schools this early must mean this blizzards gonna be a monster of a storm!

You can add the NYC archdiocese "Catholic" schools to list of the growing list of closed schools in the 5 boros as well. This only affects "Catholic' schools in Manhattan, Bronx, Staten Island, Westchester/Rockland and lower Hudson Valley as well. (ie Putnam Orange and Dutchess)as of 130pm today 2/9/10.

I am sure the Brooklyn/Long island Archdiocese and the remaining public/private schools in the Long island and NJ areas will be shut down as well.

http://WWW.WABC.COM

http://WWW.WPIX.COM

All DOE central and field offices will be open tomorrow, in other words, my ass has to be in at work @ 9am regardless of the weather condition. B)

Sorry to hear that bro, that sucks. At least i hope your boss mr klein, send your guys(NYC DOE employees)home 1/2 day by 12 Noon. I heard this possible blizzard will be at it's worst by 3-5pm.B)

This is the only 2nd time since 2004 have NYC public schools closed due to snowstorm. Last time was in March 2009 and then early in 2004. Remember the historic President's Day holiday weekend snowstorm in Feb '06, schools were already closed for the ' mid-winter/spring' break vaction. B)

And then, prior to the histroric 1996 Blizzard, NYC public school went over 15 years without closing at all for a 'snow day.'

This is the only 2nd time since 2004 have NYC public schools closed due to snowstorm. Last time was in March 2009 and then early in 2004. Remember the historic President's Day holiday weekend snowstorm in Feb '06, schools were already closed for the ' mid-winter/spring' break vaction. B)

And then, prior to the histroric 1996 Blizzard, NYC public school went over 15 years without closing at all for a 'snow day.'

I was in public school in 1996 when that happened and it was shocking to say the least but it was a huge mess so the Dept of Ed did the right thing with that. I think it's smart to have the kids stay home tomorrow cause this is looking to be really bad. I might even stay home from work tomorrow if its too bad in the morning.

I was born three days before that blizzard on January 2nd, 1996. When my mom and I got discharged from Queens Hospital Center, we had to walk over mounds of snow just to get to the Q65 bus stop with my dad. I was a really cold day...

Archived