Out in the Blizzard

2 Train Master

Nice shots.

One question: at what station was that sign telling the t/o's to make sure the control cutout switch is on and throw the reverser forward?

No matter where it is, that's another classic example of further dumbing down the job.

Based on the photos, I would guess Rector St.

Good job, you kept the snow white. Cameras love to turn snow into 18% grey.

Does anyone know why the control cutout was termed the way it was? Seems a bit odd that the control cutout has to be 'on' for the train to take power...

Does anyone know why the control cutout was termed the way it was? Seems a bit odd that the control cutout has to be 'on' for the train to take power...

That sounds like a question for Jeff H.

Nice shots.

One question: at what station was that sign telling the t/o's to make sure the control cutout switch is on and throw the reverser forward?

No matter where it is, that's another classic example of further dumbing down the job.

thx,station is Whitehall St-South Ferry

Based on the photos, I would guess Rector St.

South Ferry

Nice shots Alize!

thx

Yea I favor with cloudy weather also

When the Control Cutout switch is in the "on" position the train is able to take power; when the Control Cutout switch is in the "off" position (or tripped) the train is unable to take power.

Snow pics are always the best.Can`t wait for sum spring time photography.Nice shots.:tup:

Ehhh..I think just a nice cloudy day are the best chance 4 pics but we have different opinions.lol yea Spring is almost here,but it may not be here too soon b\c sometimes it snows in April its not rare but it happens.

Archived