(C) to Run Express and (D) to Run Local

C8AvLocal

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Due to switch work, the following GO will be in effect from 5:30AM Tuesday, February 15, 2010 until 12:01AM Saturday, February 20, 2010:

Manhattan Bound (C) trains will run Express from Canal Street to 145th Street.

For Local Service between Canal Street and 50th Street, please take the (E) train. For (C) service from Spring and 23rd Street, take the Uptown (E) to West 4th Street or 34th Street and transfer on the opposite platform for the (C). For service from 50th Street, take the (E) to 7th Avenue and transfer to either the (:P or (D). For Local Service between 59-145, take the (B) or (D) trains as an alternative. Bronx Bound (D) trains are operating on the Local track between 59th Street, Columbus Circle and 145th Street.

Thank you and have a great day.

I think I shall fancy a ride on this. I just hope it isn't like last time where it went slow as balls on the express track.

As there are fewer (C) trains than (D) trains (during rush hours, anyway), I'd say there's a slightly lower chance of congestion than usual; you just might get a good ride. Northbound on the CPW Express is nice as long as there is no congestion or other source of delays...

I agree, 6th Av vs 8th Av lines being split like this will keep both tracks balanced. And I haven't been on the CPW segment in a while. I think I'll ride this GO, just to get an rfw ride since finding an R32 on the A seems to be pretty rare these days.

And agreed about the 8th Av line and lack of flexibility.

8th Av: s/b the trains at 34th can only go from local to the express and n/b the trains can only go from the express to local. And on the flip side - 6th Av's 34th St is overbuilt.

According to them, the announcements on their train were not loud and clear.

The service change posters may have also thrown pax for a loop; the ones for the (D) at 125 St (and possibly elsewhere) have a glaring error on them (they say "uptown trains stop at the express track" when they should say "uptown trains stop at the local track").

The article also states that service change posters were lacking at 145St.Are you freakin KIDDING ME!?!?By then there's no need for them!Not many people are gonna take the C from there just to go a few stops up that have nothing to do with the GO at all.Another case of pure stupidity.(1)(A)(C)

Queens-bound (E) train should make similar announcement what R142 (6) is saying.

For example:

Queens-bound

This is Spring/23rd St. There are no (C) train service available. Transfer at West 4th/34th Sts for downtown (C) service.

This is 42nd St-PABT. Transfer announcement will be safe, except, "There is no (C) service to 50th St. For Uptown (C) service, transfer to (C) across the platform."

At 50th St

There is no uptown (C) service available at this station. If you need uptown service, take downtown (C) or (E) to 42nd St for uptown service.

Oh, yeah. I forgot.

"This is 50th St. There is no an uptown (C) service available at this stations. For uptown (C) station stops between 59th & 145th Sts, stay on this train to 7th Av-53rd St for uptown (D) making local stops to 145th St."

For Manhattan-bound (E):

"Ladies & Gentlemen, please note uptown (C) train are running express from Canal to 145th Sts and (D) is running local from 59th to 145th Sts. For uptown local stations, transfer at 7th Av-53rd St for uptown (D)."

Archived