911 mistake sends help to the wrong borough

Kingsbridge Bus

* Marketplace Advertisements

911 Mistake Sends Help To Wrong Borough

Child Dies

Updated: Friday, 19 Feb 2010, 8:48 AM EST

Published : Friday, 19 Feb 2010, 8:48 AM EST

MYFOXNY.COM - An early morning 911 call Thursday morning sent firefighters and medics rushing to Avenue C in Brooklyn because of 6-year-old boy suffering from cardiac arrest. The tragic problem was that the boy lived on Avenue C in Manhattan...

* Marketplace Advertisements

911 Mistake Sends Help To Wrong Borough

Child Dies

Updated: Friday, 19 Feb 2010, 8:48 AM EST

Published : Friday, 19 Feb 2010, 8:48 AM EST

MYFOXNY.COM - An early morning 911 call Thursday morning sent firefighters and medics rushing to Avenue C in Brooklyn because of 6-year-old boy suffering from cardiac arrest. The tragic problem was that the boy lived on Avenue C in Manhattan...

Epic major FAIL! I saw the story on the news last night. Heads have to roll over this incident. No doubt about it. Now I don't listen to the EMS frequencies on my scanner but I can't believe the mixups that goes on over the NYPD channels. Ex: the dispatcher over the radio was giving a description of a getaway vehicle involved in a robbery, instead of reading it as a blue Chevy Tahoe, she said it as a blue Chevy Taco...:confused:they mixup addresses, mispronounce streets and avenues on a daily basis.

Where do they find these people? :tdown:

EOE laws. You gotta love it when the people who can't speak clearly or have hearing disabilities are dispatchers.

I know of a mute that went through the PD academy. I can't imagine what radio training was like for him...

Archived