Police probe reported rape on N train

Trainspotter

Police probe reported rape on N train

Police are investigating a report of a rape on an N train early Wednesday morning, authorities said.

A woman told police she was attacked just before 4:30 a.m. ET on a northbound train in Brooklyn, police said. The woman had fallen asleep and awoke to a man armed with a box cutter standing over her, ABC 7 reported Wednesday.

The man threw her to the floor of the moving train and got off at the next stop, the report said. She was taken to a Brooklyn hospital for treatment, police said. Investigators would not release additional details of the attack

Yeah I fell asleep on the (A) train one morning after a night of clubbin' and woke up without a wallet or a phone!

A couple of years ago a very good friend of mine fell asleep on the subway after getting paid and drinking at a bar after work. When he woke up, his pockets were cut open with a knife and he had nothing left.

Really? I just rode the (A) home last Saturday from Far Rockaway and fell asleep and nothing happened.

It dont always happen all the time just some of the time..

When i used to ride the (A)pple when i used to go to August Martin out in Queens people used to get jacked right on the train during the daytime hrs so it can happen any time, any where..

Just dont make it a habit or you will be a statistic as well..

• 1 year later...

I think being asleep is only a small factor. You gotta look vulnerable and before anyone chimes in on that, you can be asleep and not look vulnerable at the same time. This woman must have already looked like an easy target then being asleep made it even better. I mean yeah I've fallen asleep on the train before. But I'm a light sleeper and my ears pretty much stay awake. So if I feel like someone is staring at me or approaching me I can wake up pretty quick. But I can't think of the last time I fell asleep on the train or at least been that tired to. The seats aren't comfortable enough for me to do that so I'd have to be really shot to pass out on a subway train. NJ transit and Amtrak are totally different stories.

Archived