Should the "E and or F" train run as Queens Local if "G" is permanetly cut from QB?

Which is why the (F) is useless in Queens. If certain people had it their way then on weekends riders would have a choice between an (E) local and a (F) via 63rd. That's not right.

Oh Well, QB needs help on the Weekends, Point Blank, At Night its a different story, But The (E) would be a good sloution for a back up local.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't Forget the People From Long Island, Plus the (F) DOES get More Ridership than the (E).

See I missed Long Island strictly because its Jamaica stop is parked right by the (E). Where the (E) trumps the (F) right now though is that direct transfer to the Lexington Line which a lot of people use. Nobody wants to get off at 63rd and Lex, walk 4-5 blocks so they can use the (4)(5)(6).

But for this guy to call it useless is stupid. It's still an express ride into Manhattan and at all times I might add. That there is enough for me to choose it late nights over the (E). I can worry about my connections to other trains once I'm in.

Add on: I think we can chalk up that extra rider ship on the (F) to its brooklyn access.

I would like the (G) to run on qb during weekends, but that isn't going to happen so it will have to be the (E) because of its shorter route by making it local you are adding ten minutes that's all. Although I think the (F) should go thru 53rd st its not useless take it every morning from Van Wyck Briarwood a stop which the (E) does not serve.

This is bullcrap. Queens express riders always get treated like 2nd class citizens. Even on weekends the (E) has decent ridership. It's not my problem that local riders don't want to wait for the (R).

BULLSHIT, Ride the (C) train, I feel like its a 1st Class line, And Its a Quick Local

And Queens Riders don't get treated like crap, I think you need to get your brain checked because something is not right, Stop Whining and deal with the fact, Nights when the (E) runs Local Yeah I understand but on weekends c'mon the (E) is short, Why have the (F) run local and its already Long, 2 long lines on a Local Track especialy on QB is not a good Idea, If the MTA didn't Hate the (G) so Much then Maybe you would have to worry about this.

I would like the (G) to run on qb during weekends, but that isn't going to happen so it will have to be the (E) because of its shorter route by making it local you are adding ten minutes that's all. Although I think the (F) should go thru 53rd st its not useless take it every morning from Van Wyck Briarwood a stop which the (E) does not serve.

I need to count the stops on the (E) but its route seems fairly similar in length to the (J) of all things. I still don't think the (R) needs any extra help on weekends that badly where such a change would actually need to take place. It would still serve as a bit more of an annoyance than a help.

If its the wait times that kill the (R) simply put-in some extra trains on the line. But from personal experience 71st Ave seems to turn out those local trains pretty good.

But there's no point in running the (R)* late at night because the (N) is running local on Broadway and riders can transfer to the (F) at 34th st or 4th Av-9th St.

* Not to mention the MTA is broke and needs to cut service, NOT ADD.

The irony is that the (MTA) was planning to have the (R) run into Queens during midnight before the serious financial issues came up.

Which is why the (F) is useless in Queens. If certain people had it their way then on weekends riders would have a choice between an (E) local and a (F) via 63rd. That's not right.

I fail to follow your logic. May you please elaborate?

How is the (F)'s route in Brooklyn relevant to its service pattern in QUEENS? The fact of the matter is that less people ride the (F) than the (E) in Queens. Ergo, the (F) should run local in Queens on weekends while the (E) continues to run express.

Why don't you re-read my post and tell me where I said anything about the (F)'s pattern being affected in Queens by Brooklyn service. I think i said something to the fact that its access to Brooklyn gets it more use than the (E) which simply moves between Manhattan and Queens. That use can start pretty much anywhere on the line...like say Midtown?

But while we're on the subject...how about we ask one of our T/O friends about their local run on the (F) from 179 to Stillwell and see how they feel after they reach the end of their run. These trains don't run themselves.

my question is... does the (E) or the (F) have to run local on weekends? I don't think either one of them necessarily have to....

I pretty much agree w/ Urban... the (R) can suffice fine on its own as the QB local on weekends....

now if ®'s were absolutely crushloaded on weekends in Queens, then it'd be a different story....

that's what I think is getting lost in all this... bickering.

my question is... does the (E) or the (F) have to run local on weekends? I don't think either one of them necessarily have to....

don't remember who it was, I pretty much agree w/ Urban... the (R) can suffice fine on its own as the QB local on weekends....

now if ®'s were absolutely crushloaded on weekends in Queens, then it'd be a different story....

That was me. The (R) has about 2 or 3 major loading/dumping stations along Queens Blvd (not even including the Roosevelt). Which needs to be said that just as many people dump out as dump in at those spots. This is why I said the (R) isn't exactly screwed out there on its own. It isn't even really on its own when you think about it anyway with two express trains people can jump onto. Not everybody shoots for the local. And even if such a load was to carry on into manhattan it would be dumped into Lexington or one of the squares the train serves which is also served by the (N)(Q) and other things.

This is just another attempt to shaft Eastern Queens subway riders. People expect us to be pushovers who accept any service pattern that's detrimental to our community. It's the same thing with eliminating express buses. Everytime someone proposes something it's usually intended to hurt people in the former two fare zones in Queens.

This is just another attempt to shaft Eastern Queens subway riders. People expect us to be pushovers who accept any service pattern that's detrimental to our community. It's the same thing with eliminating express buses. Everytime someone proposes something it's usually intended to hurt people in the former two fare zones in Queens.

Forest Glen as somenone who posted this topic, i personally never meant to 'shaft' SE Queens communities. I am still not sure either way but the question is this once more. Should either the (E) or (F) run as Queens Local weekends, since reguarly the (R) running alone on QB Local now along with Crushloaded crowds between Forest Hills and Roosvelt, if the (R) is late. Barring a bailout there a very good chance of the (G) never returning to QB again, it's an issue imo worth dicsussing. Also that assuming the (MTA) will not run a new planned and merged (M)(V) on weekends as well.

I think everyone agrees on here that weekdays the (E) and (F) will remain QB express. Weekends is here the issue.

Nothing more so please relax Mr Wilson.

This is just another attempt to shaft Eastern Queens subway riders. People expect us to be pushovers who accept any service pattern that's detrimental to our community. It's the same thing with eliminating express buses.

Everytime someone proposes something it's usually intended to hurt people in the former two fare zones in Queens.

I understand, to some extent, why you feel the way you do...

I don't think either the (E), OR the (F) need to run local on weekends along QB....

However, when you make downright self-centered & delusional comments such as that of that last sentence, its very difficult for people to rationally, and with any sort of sensibility, to fully take you seriously.

the mta's not out there in think tank sessions plotting & scheming to come up w/ ways of screwing, shafting, w/e synonym you wanna use, eastern Queens passengers.....

I don't think either the (E) or the (F) needs to run local on weekends along QB....

However, when you make downright self-centered & delusional comments such as that of that last sentence, its very difficult for people to rationally, and with any sort of sensibility, to fully take you seriously.

No, it's always "Take away X" or "Make Y run local". It's always more stops, an additional transfer, elimination of something, or a longer wait time. No one ever proposes ADDING service. Almost every thread has a direct or indirect reference to Eastern Queens. I realize I'm not a saint and I've made mistakes in the past, but I feel as if people are deliberately pushing my buttons just to irritate me.

I don't think either the (E) or the (F) needs to run local on weekends along QB....

B35 you aware that because it's a long local route that when it delayed the (R) the biggest ones who suffer are QB Local riders right? So do you add 'short trip' ®'s ending at Whitehall since the (W) is on the chopping block? Or operate the (M)(V) merged line 7 days a week? What your solution B35, when QB stops mainly Grand Ave, Woodhaven and 63rd gets crowded when (R) is delayed and runs alone on weekends.:confused:

B35 you aware that because it's a long local route that when it delayed the (R) the biggest ones who suffer are QB Local riders right? So do you add 'short trip' ®'s ending at Whitehall since the (W) is on the chopping block? Or operate the (M)(V) merged line 7 days a week? What your solution B35, when QB stops mainly Grand Ave, Woodhaven and 63rd gets crowded when (R) is delayed and runs alone on weekends.:confused:

100 percent right i have been on an express train passing these stops and they are jam packed like a rush hour on weekdays. Makes no sense cause the (R) gets caught up in brooklyn or manhattan and the qb local riders suffer. Thats why you need a second local with a shorter route the (E).

the R is a long local route, regardless of weekend or weekday...

I'm just not seeing this supposed suffering Queens R riders would endure on the weekends.... I don't see things as that dire.... so to me, it's moot to bring up ending R's @ whitehall, the M/V merger, etc....

No, it's always "Take away X" or "Make Y run local". It's always more stops, an additional transfer, elimination of something, or a longer wait time. No one ever proposes ADDING service.

Almost every thread has a direct or indirect reference to Eastern Queens. I realize I'm not a saint and I've made mistakes in the past, but I feel as if people are deliberately pushing my buttons just to irritate me.

the first half of your statement, yeh, I feel you.... but I also feel as if it would end up in a catch 22 situation if people were to propose adding service, to you....

right now, ya feel as if people are out to screw eastern queens riders w/ this whole, running E's or F's local w/ the absence of the G.....

....what's to stop you from saying/feeling the same exact way, if someone were to propose any type of addition of service? oh, there's too many tph - E's & F's would be more prone to delays, w/e other negative that can be derived....

See I missed Long Island strictly because its Jamaica stop is parked right by the (E). Where the (E) trumps the (F) right now though is that direct transfer to the Lexington Line which a lot of people use. Nobody wants to get off at 63rd and Lex, walk 4-5 blocks so they can use the (4)(5)(6).

But for this guy to call it useless is stupid. It's still an express ride into Manhattan and at all times I might add. That there is enough for me to choose it late nights over the (E). I can worry about my connections to other trains once I'm in.

Add on: I think we can chalk up that extra rider ship on the (F) to its brooklyn access.

Amen, I have said I would have no problems if the (F) was the local if it terminated in Manhattan and the (E) was the one running into Brooklyn. But it's too much for him that he wants to hog* the (E) line for himself because it's his line and no problems with shafting the (F)* because he doesn't find it useful to him and not taking into account the (F) is already a friggin long line as it is - right up there with the (A), (D) and (2) lines.

Plus as I've said I want the (G) to run, it's not like I'm saying run the (E) local outright. But let's face it (R) service is piss poor terrible. Local riders deserves better.

*basically: "Don't mess with my (E), but do whatever to the (F)"

The irony is that the (MTA) was planning to have the (R) run into Queens during midnight before the serious financial issues came up.

Oh yeah, I remember that proposal. As far as late nights are concerned, I don't think the R past 36th was really warranted.

But I do feel that had the 3 been extended to TS, the 2 should've been express to TS and the 3 was local till TS. - Obviously the problems would've been the 2-3 cross switching, but the 2 line is just too long to be an all local.

I pretty much agree w/ Urban... the (R) can suffice fine on its own as the QB local on weekends....

Since both the (E) and (R) goes to the same point in Lower Manhattan:

rather than to outright make the E into a local, how about taking off some E trains and run them on the R [like take 3 trains max] to boost R service and have those extra R trains terminate at Whitehall?

Would that be a fair compromise then?

And you and I know the MTA will never seem to boost R service in general. That's why I think too boost R service, something has to be cut, since they won't just add trains [especially since they have to cut back on service anyway].

Oh yeah, I remember that proposal. As far as late nights are concerned, I don't think the R past 36th was really warranted.

But I do feel that had the 3 been extended to TS, the 2 should've been express to TS and the 3 was local till TS. - Obviously the problems would've been the 2-3 cross switching, but the 2 line is just too long to be an all local.

If I remember, that proposal was more of the (MTA) having extra cash to do pointless stuff like that, as opposed to any need for another subway line running at night. One can make an argument that extending the (R) to Pacific street could help, but it's not like 36th is that far away. And the (N) does a fine enough job taking care of us late night Broadway passengers (although I personally look forward to that (N)/(Q) combo).

And as far as the (2)/(3)s concerned, I personally feel that the (3) operating below 96th Street (at nights) is pointless. And you're absolutely right about the (2) having to scrape the wall.

If I remember, that proposal was more of the (MTA) having extra cash to do pointless stuff like that, as opposed to any need for another subway line running at night. One can make an argument that extending the (R) to Pacific street could help, but it's not like 36th is that far away. And the (N) does a fine enough job taking care of us late night Broadway passengers (although I personally look forward to that (N)/(Q) combo).

And as far as the (2)/(3)s concerned, I personally feel that the (3) operating below 96th Street (at nights) is pointless. And you're absolutely right about the (2) having to scrape the wall.

Off topic for second in reply. The (R) imo should operate late nights as shuttle in Brooklyn between Atlantic/Pacific and Bay Ridge to provide connections to the (2)(4)(Q) and LIRR. It would cost the (MTA) little or no more.

Just use the 'express tracks' between 36th and Atlantic/Pacific w/ trains terminate on the Manhattan Bridge 'bypass tracks' on the (D)(N) lines just like 'go's, when the (D)(N) also end at Pacific closes Manhattan Bridge service.

While if the (3) can run to Times Sq. when the economy is better and next set of service expansion, imo the (3)should run local overnights only to/from South Ferry while the (2) runs express 24/7 on 7th Ave barring g/o's.

Meanwhile back to topic imo, let guess the (G) gets the 2010 doomesday ax on running on Queens Blvd, i feel late nights both the (E) and (F) should both run local but the (F) starts running earlier at about 12 Midnight when the (V) ends weekdays and 1am for the (E) when (R) service ends.

On weekend service post (G) train QB service, still not ready to make an decision, but it's down imo to two choices. Either the (R) continues local alone or the (E) joins its weekends/overnights only. I agree that since the (F) is a much longer route, it remains a QB express at all times except overnight when the (MTA) should run both full time express lines local between midnight-5am.

Just my takes.:confused:

Amen, I have said I would have no problems if the (F) was the local if it terminated in Manhattan and the (E) was the one running into Brooklyn. But it's too much for him that he wants to hog* the (E) line for himself because it's his line and no problems with shafting the (F)* because he doesn't find it useful to him and not taking into account the (F) is already a friggin long line as it is - right up there with the (A), (D) and (2) lines.

Plus as I've said I want the (G) to run, it's not like I'm saying run the (E) local outright. But let's face it (R) service is piss poor terrible. Local riders deserves better.

*basically: "Don't mess with my (E), but do whatever to the (F)"

Riders shouldn't have to choose between an (E) local and a (F) via 63rd. There should at least be one express train that goes to 53rd (in a perfect world there would be two, but I'm not going to open up that can of worms). The (F)'s length is irrelevant. I'm focusing on its ridership. More people use the (E) than the (F) in QUEENS. Therefore, the (F) should be the sacrificial lamb that runs local.

What's the big deal about not having express service via 53rd? If you're on Queens Blvd and you have to access 8th Ave, just take the (F) to 42nd and take the (7) one stop to TSQ. If you've got to head downtown on the 8th Ave line, then just take it all the way to W4 and go upstairs. Or how about this revolutionary idea: take the (F) to the nearest cross-street of your destination and walk a few blocks.

Whine whine whine, all you need is the god damn cheese.

Archived