Altering the appearance of the Metrocard.

rockdove

I have an issue with Metrocards. I have an unlimited ride card I use daily and a pay per ride card I use occasionally on express buses or for another person. I am usually very careful not to confuse them, by keeping them separate in my wallet and writing what kind of cards they are on their respective paper stripes. Once in a while, however, when I'm tired or daydreaming and the pay-per-ride card is in my pocket outside of its usual place, I will mistakenly swipe it instead of the monthly.

Are there different color Metrocards out there or can I put some sticker/label over the Metrocard logo to catch my attention without the card getting stuck in the bus fare collector?

The simple or the easy way is use a Sharrpie marker, write at the back of the MetroCard Top Right corner and fill in the space between Expire date to the edge. Detailing Unlimited, Pay Per Ride, or what ever to noted the correct card to use.

I do the Sharpie thing but the back side is facing away when I put it into the bus farebox. Guess I just need to be very careful to put the card away after using it -- unless someone can confirm that stickers won't jam.

That's hit or miss, but really not worth the risk. I friend of mine who works for the TA had to go back to the depot when his pass got jammed int he machine.

I do the Sharpie thing but the back side is facing away when I put it into the bus farebox. Guess I just need to be very careful to put the card away after using it -- unless someone can confirm that stickers won't jam.

Then mark the back side. Mark both sides if you have to. It's real simple.

Archived