Sick Control

jacks7ca

If u r placed on the sick control list & u continue 2 call out sick w/o dr's lines, what's the next form of discipline? Can u be fired?

The quickest and easiest way to get fired from the TA is calling out sick without lines while on sick control. It is a violation of the rules. When you are on sick control you must bring in lines every time you call out sick and you don't get paid for the first day that your out.

If u r placed on the sick control list & u continue 2 call out sick w/o dr's lines, what's the next form of discipline? Can u be fired?

If you're still on probation, possibly (and if you're already on Sick Control *AND* on Probation, start packing). It also depends on your department. But either way, you won't get paid for those days.

And you'll most likely be called down for a meeting with your supervisor/superintendent to discuss the next step.

if you go to casey stengal and on probation you go out sick you are history dont matter if you have doctors note i know been there with notes forced to resign or be terminated its not a garage i will pick againwhen i get back on they fire you for anything thing there i suggest stay with local 100 depots trust what i say:tup:

The quickest and easiest way to get fired from the TA is calling out sick without lines while on sick control. It is a violation of the rules. When you are on sick control you must bring in lines every time you call out sick and you don't get paid for the first day that your out.

Let me reiterate what Jah said,

"When you are on sick control you MUST bring in lines EVERY time you call out sick..."

Let me reiterate what Jah said,

"When you are on sick control you MUST bring in lines EVERY time you call out sick..."

Not necessarily. If you want to get PAID, you must obtain Doctor's Lines. Otherwise you do not get paid for those days out.

Of course, if your doctor happens to write a note saying that you have a chronic medical condition, while it will not cover the days you call out sick (unless post-dated), it will cover you if they try to bring charges against you.

Not necessarily. If you want to get PAID, you must obtain Doctor's Lines. Otherwise you do not get paid for those days out.

Of course, if your doctor happens to write a note saying that you have a chronic medical condition, while it will not cover the days you call out sick (unless post-dated), it will cover you if they try to bring charges against you.

The rule's are clear if you're on sick control you MUST bring in doctors lines everytime you call out sick. And whether you bring lines or not you DON'T get paid for the first day you're out sick. These are the TA rules!!

Sorry JustLok, but you're wrong and Jah is right.

I understand, but I know of two guys in my department who are on the Sick Leave Control List now for more than a year and are out every week and never bring in Doc's Lines. One had their doctor write a letter saying they have a chronic medical condition and brought it in last year, the other person has no such thing.

Yet, neither has had any disciplinary action brought against them, outside of them being counseled about their usage before and just after being placed on The List.

They do bring in the Request For Leave of Absence Form (Sick Form) to account for their time off, but never are paid (they choose no pay anyway, no days left).

As I said, it all depends on the Department. I know RTO is a PITA and mine is, for the most part, flexible. I just wanted to comment by saying not all call outs while on The List will lead to termination or disciplinary action for all employees.

I understand, but I know of two guys in my department who are on the Sick Leave Control List now for more than a year and are out every week and never bring in Doc's Lines. One had their doctor write a letter saying they have a chronic medical condition and brought it in last year, the other person has no such thing.

Yet, neither has had any disciplinary action brought against them, outside of them being counseled about their usage before and just after being placed on The List.

They do bring in the Request For Leave of Absence Form (Sick Form) to account for their time off, but never are paid (they choose no pay anyway, no days left).

As I said, it all depends on the Department. I know RTO is a PITA and mine is, for the most part, flexible. I just wanted to comment by saying not all call outs while on The List will lead to termination or disciplinary action for all employees.

The rules for sick contrtol are for the TA not different by department. The guys that you speak of have to have FMLA whether you know about it or not!

i went to casey stengal with 7 people only 1 remains there the rest of us were forced to resign only after 2 absences with doctors notes the first time they extended you the second your history the union does not help because your on probation what i am saying dont go sick on probation and if you do and they pull that shit on you about resign or be terminated i would get a lawyer which i did not also if you go sick once they will extened you but dont think you are in the clear 1 accident,someone falls on your bus,or if you dont make your annocements and have an mta superviser on board aka beecker.. you get written up your history also its very hard to get through 1 year so be on your toes your just a number:mad:

The rules for sick contrtol are for the TA not different by department. The guys that you speak of have to have FMLA whether you know about it or not!

They do not have FMLA, trust me, work with them every shift and I speak with them and asked them about it just this week after seeing this topic.

Can you please explain yourself better?

if you go to casey stengal and on probation you go out sick you are history dont matter if you have doctors note i know been there with notes forced to resign or be terminated its not a garage i will pick again when i get back on they fire you for anything thing there i suggest stay with local 100 depots trust what i say:tup:

does provisional employees have to do training and are they put on probation when they get hired?Also do they work night shifts.

Being provisional without another title to fall back on is like being on probation for the entire time you're provisional. They can and will fire you for any little thing.

All of the trade type jobs work nights. This is a 24 hour system, you will most likely be working nights.

Thanks jah but do they have to do training before and also what are their schedules mainly structure maintainer class d?Also some people in this thread is very angry i guess because they are mets fan.Goooo Yankssss;)

I don't know about that specific title. What I do know is most of the maintainers work at night.

Can you please explain yourself better?

Back to the original topic... Seal has been talking about this over and over since he first came on this forum. I am sure there is more to his story, but we will never know. I met him in person last year when we took the BOSS in Brooklyn.

He really shouldn't be bashing Casey Stengel Depot and or ATU Local1056. It's a good thing there are other ATU B/O's on here because it is important to know certain things from more then just 1 source.

Back to the original topic... Seal has been talking about this over and over since he first came on this forum. I am sure there is more to his story, but we will never know. I met him in person last year when we took the BOSS in Brooklyn.

He really shouldn't be bashing Casey Stengel Depot and or ATU Local1056. It's a good thing there are other ATU B/O's on here because it is important to know certain things from more then just 1 source.

i am just bringing of the fact that 1 depot is much stricter than the other new hires at casey there is around 50 percent turn over rate a year due to resignations ,and terminations so just make sure that you pick the right depot because it could be that depot is for life.i been there worked there so please dont insult me(MTA):tup: on my own first hand experience i said it like it is.

does provisional employees have to do training and are they put on probation when they get hired?Also do they work night shifts.

As long as you're provisional, you are on probation FOREVER.

I do know that some trade locations work other shifts. For example, 145 St. Infrastructure has AM shifts and 59th St works all three tours. You will be assigned wherever you are needed and will work whatever shift that location requires.

Thanks dude also does anyone knows if the maintenance guys who work nights gets night deferential and how much is it.

All TA employees get night differential, and from friday night until monday morning is differential time. The night diff. depends on how much your hourly rate is. It is less than the 10% that you get almost anywhere else though.

Archived