Two sets of R40 slants on the N line today

trainfan22

There were two sets of R40 slants on the (N) line today. I was riding an r160 at 86th st i looked out the window and there it was an R40! I hopped off that R160 and waited at 86th st for that R40 to come back from stillwell.And guess what happens next.An R32 (R) train pops up!It was an put in train from CI.Anyways the R32 leaves after one R160 passes here it comes the R40 (N) train.As soon as i got on i went right to that RFW. As were are going down sea beach guess what i see going the other way.Another R40 slant (N) train!Also it was an lady T/O i thought that she was going to operate slow.But on that express run between 36th st and altanic ave.Boy did she prove me wrong.She was flooring it we hit like 55 mph!

There were two sets of R40 slants on the (N) line today. I was riding an r160 at 86th st i looked out the window and there it was an R40! I hopped off that R160 and waited at 86th st for that R40 to come back from stillwell.And guess what happens next.An R32 (R) train pops up!It was an put in train from CI.Anyways the R32 leaves after one R160 passes here it comes the R40 (N) train.As soon as i got on i went right to that RFW. As were are going down sea beach guess what i see going the other way.Another R40 slant (N) train!Also it was an lady T/O i though she was going to operate slow.But on that express run between 36th st and altanic ave.Boy did she prove me wrong.She was flooring it we hit like 55 mph!

in my experience (no offence), women t/o seem to operate faster than the men t/o's

Today i rode the N line and saw only one R40M.No R40 slants were on the N line today.I rode the R40M at the RFW from stillwell to ditmas blvd.I saw 4 to 5 sets of R40 slants on the W line.The B line today was 100% R40S/M.R68 2836 is out for service at CI yard for some reason.Thats the one set that the B line has of R68s.Oh on a side note today when my R40M N train was in the ditmas blvd station the same time as an R40 slant W train. Who would have thought with so many R160s in revenue service.That you whould see two R40s in ditmas station at the same time.

Today i rode the N line and saw only one R40M.No R40 slants were on the N line today.I rode the R40M at the RFW from stillwell to ditmas blvd.I saw 4 to 5 sets of R40 slants on the W line.The B line today was 100% R40S/M.R68 2836 is out for service at CI yard for some reason.Thats the one set that the B line has of R68s.Oh on a side note today when my R40M N train was in the ditmas blvd station the same time as an R40 slant W train. Who would have thought with so many R160s in revenue service.That you whould see two R40s in ditmas station at the same time.

Yeah, I'm not seeing that many R160s around either. I think they are getting a checkup, along with the fact that the R68 are getting door enablers which also explains why there's no R68 B.

Yeah, I'm not seeing that many R160s around either. I think they are getting a checkup, along with the fact that the R68 are getting door enablers which also explains why there's no R68 B.

RTO Man informed us that the MTA is little behind on doing inspections on the R160s.

So once these door enablers are placed, will the R68s and R68As start to appear in larger amounts on the B?

You wont see that until the R160's are in place on the (N)ovember and (W)iskey Lines probally. Ever once in a while when a new R160 10 car unit comes out another 10 car R40 Slants is sent to pasture and will await thier fate like thier R42 CI cousins..

You wont see that until the R160's are in place on the (N)ovember and (W)iskey Lines probally. Ever once in a while when a new R160 10 car unit comes out another 10 car R40 Slants is sent to pasture and will await thier fate like thier R42 CI cousins..
Good Trains being replaced by junk. :P

Archived