Former Mets & Yanks superstar Pitcher Dwight Gooden arrestred for DWI

Shortline Bus

What a fall from grace for Dwight Gooden. The former Mets and Yanks Superstar Pitcher and 1985 Cy Young Award Winner is in deep trouble facing a long stint in jail for DWI charges in Tampa. Gooden if convicted would join another former NY baseball star Jim Leywitz in jail as well. This is the lastest trouble for the former All Star who been in legal problems since retiring from his disappointing MLB career ruined by his drug addiction(cocaine)problems.

Read Link.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/2010/03/24/2010-03-24_gooden_arrested_for_dwi.html

Again?

lmfao....

took the words right out of my mouth man... soon as I read the thread title, I said that ish' out loud.....

-------------

This is why you must fall back on some other endeavor before & after (or even during) your sporting career.... cats w/ too much time on their hands don't know what to do w/ theyself... if he had his head on right & aint get all drugged up, I'm sure he could've been a decent pitching coach somewhere.... at the very least...

...and what is w/ these fools as of late DWI-in & DUI-in with their kids in the car (not that it's okay w/o children in the car)... wadn't that the same deal w/ that lady w/ which her child & nieces/nephews also died in that crash along the Taconic state (pkwy)?

Pathetic.

lmfao....

took the words right out of my mouth man... soon as I read the thread title, I said that ish' out loud.....

-------------

This is why you must fall back on some other endeavor before & after (or even during) your sporting career.... cats w/ too much time on their hands don't know what to do w/ theyself... if he had his head on right & aint get all drugged up, I'm sure he could've been a decent pitching coach somewhere.... at the very least...

...and what is w/ these fools as of late DWI-in & DUI-in with their kids in the car (not that it's okay w/o children in the car)... wadn't that the same deal w/ that lady w/ which her child & nieces/nephews also died in that crash along the Taconic state (pkwy)?

Pathetic.

well said. This is also slightly personal w/ me and Gooden. I am glad my parents told me never to 'idolize' no one ever but God'(you dont have to agree or believe just making a point)and glad i was raised that way. I hope Joba Chamberlain and Washington Nationals Stephen Starsburg play close attention as asirping young stars to this sad tale.

With that said in the mid/late '80's although i was never a Mets fan as a boy then, "Doc" was one of my favorite MLB players of that era. Also i remember the 'buzz' he had in first few years of his carrer as well. From mid year 1984-87 almost every time he was announced to pitch Shea or around the National League(this was before "Interleague' guys)would either sell out or be close to one. It was a Micheal Jordan/Lebaron James/Sid Crosby media type in NY and around the country years before them in those couple of years on nights Gooden pitched. One game i went to in either 1985 i saw him strike out i think 12 batters. How Picthers now do that.

Again this is sad now as he very likely to be going to jail for while instead of basking of a gloom of an almost gurantee HOF carrer if he stayed clean.:cry:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived