Is MTAB ever used in SUBWAY SHUTTLE/G.O.'s

Lennyj17

Seems like I've never seen MTAB depots ever used for GO's/Subway Shuttles....Does this ever happen????

if it hasn't because its not NYCT, this is just another reason why the MTA needs to hurry up and merge the two agencies...Another Colossal waste of money deadheading buses all the way from other NYCT divisions when an MTAB depot is sometimes closer....

Just a thought.

Seems like I've never seen MTAB depots ever used for GO's/Subway Shuttles....Does this ever happen????

if it hasn't because its not NYCT, this is just another reason why the MTA needs to hurry up and merge the two agencies...Another Colossal waste of money deadheading buses all the way from other NYCT divisions when an MTAB depot is sometimes closer....

Just a thought.

The unions (TWU & Amalgimated) have issues with this becasue of seniority issues: some operators can be badly "hurt" by one super seniority list.

Of course, if you're not an operator, it is not an issue to you. My guess is MTA will eventually get their way, but it takes time.

The unions (TWU & Amalgimated) have issues with this becasue of seniority issues: some operators can be badly "hurt" by one super seniority list.

Of course, if you're not an operator, it is not an issue to you. My guess is MTA will eventually get their way, but it takes time.

A simple way could be to create a seniority list that includes:

1. Date of hire at the MTA at New York City Transit (includes MaBSTOA) and Long Island Bus

2. Date of hire at company at company when absorbed into MTA Bus (i.e., if an employee worked at NY Bus Service and then worked at Green Lines and was inherited by MTA Bus while at Green Lines, the date of hire is the date of hire at Green).

3. For employees who were fired from the MTA and then went to work for a private line only to be inherited back into the MTA, date of hire minus time unemployed.

The problem is that some people's toes will be crushed in the process, but it's the only way in which to wring savings...and it needs to be one list comprising every bus operator at NYC Transit, MaBSTOA, Long Island Bus, and MTA Bus.

Also, the next time the contract is written, the MTA needs to insist on a clause allowing routes to be moved between NYC Transit, MaBSTOA, Long Island Bus, and MTA Bus garages to wring real savings.

There are four operating divisions:

1. New York City Transit Authority (buses)

2. Manhattan and Bronx Surface Transit Operating Authority

3. Metropolitan Suburban Bus Authority

4. MTA Bus Company.

See what some Bus Operators fear is they may be sent where ever they need man/women power and they would lose senority within the Depot but they need to get over it they should have a Division Pick and a Depot Pick the Division Pick you would work out of every Depot in the Division the Depot Pick you would just work out of the one Depot and this should be done twice a year so if you wanted to change up you could

Archived