NYC Subway Rodeo 2010

SevenEleven

The Rodeo is only open to contestants and their immediate ADULT family members. If your Dad is not a contestant, don't show up - there will be nothing for you to do.

Oh, thanks for the info. So much for me going then.

Ihts 2m?

From what I've heard.

• 3 months later...
Did this one happen??? I heard that there was going to be one at Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn in either July or August

A subway rodeo at FBF? How can that be?

As far as a bus rodeo is concerned, whenever and wherever it is, probably the same rules as response #4 in this thread. Because MTA is broke!

A subway rodeo at FBF? How can that be?

As far as a bus rodeo is concerned, whenever and wherever it is, probably the same rules as response #4 in this thread. Because MTA is broke!

Devils advocate question: If that's the case, then why continue to have a rodeo?

Did this one happen??? I heard that there was going to be one at Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn in either July or August

It is the Bus Roadeo that happens at Floyd Bennett Field. The Subway Roadeo usually happens at Coney Island Yard, which you need a family member that works in the MTA to get in.

Devils advocate question: If that's the case, then why continue to have a rodeo?

The feed only the families of the participants. The biggest expense is food. Now don't tell me you can do w/o eating or drinking because I don't make the decisions. I'm just telling you their line of thinking. Not anybody who comes in off the street or off duty employees and guests not participating in the rodeo do they want to feed or give freebie souvioneers to.

These rodeos, at least on the subway side, the winners go on to a national rodeo, is bragging rights for the suits at the various agencies who can say "My guys are better than yours" to suits at other properties around the country.

Archived