NABI 5508

Blinkerdoors

I heard through the grapevine that someone saw NABI #5508. Can someone confirm this?(NJT)::eek:

Yes, it is at Hamilton Garage.

The first transit batch of NABI 416 is confirmed to be to Hamilton Garage.

When I was on Amtrak train on April 2, 2010, I saw it on 606X, which is operated by Hamilton Garage.

Now... I believe suburban batch of NABI is complete with last one to Market St Garage. Order is for 1,145 and not 1,365, as written on NJ Transit's 2007-2009 annual reports. Just remember that.

When I was on Amtrak train on April 2, 2010, I saw it on 606X, which is operated by Hamilton Garage.

Now... I believe suburban batch of NABI is complete with last one to Market St Garage. Order is for 1,145 and not 1,365, as written on NJ Transit's 2007-2009 annual reports. Just remember that.

hmm, so they changed the numbering... i though the transit models were supposed to be 4101-5170...

hmm, so they changed the numbering... i though the transit models were supposed to be 4101-5170...

If I calculate correctly, 895 transit buses are to be delivered. Since the order is for 1,145 (not 1,365) and there are 250 suburban buses delivered, it would be numbered 5501-6395. Do you know what I mean?

I'm questioning the existence of 5451-5495, cause well the transits are here... but there's no other place for them to be without anyone finding them... I'm 100% sure that they just simply don't Exsist, but there's an iddi biddy chance that they could be mixed in with the Transits... Sorta like the Metro-Ds

So, the transits are finally here. My prayers have been answered (not the way I hoped) but they're here all the same. I shall look forward to have them fill up the Orange Garage. Are we (NJTransit) supposed to get somemore after this delivery? Let's enjoy them.(NJT);)

• 2 weeks later...
So, the transits are finally here. My prayers have been answered (not the way I hoped) but they're here all the same. I shall look forward to have them fill up the Orange Garage. Are we (NJTransit) supposed to get somemore after this delivery? Let's enjoy them.(NJT):)

Yes, but I expect Newton Avenue and Ironbound to get them first, along with Market Street and Greenville---all of which still have Metro-D's.

I'm concerned about "Coach USA," which runs bus routes throughout Essex/Union, Passaic, and Bergen (I think) counties. Don't they want a piece of the action also?:eek:

What piece of action? NABIs? Ha

They're not getting them for quite some time because the privates all together don't have too many Flxibles. NJT's concern right now is to push the Flxibles out, then the 1995-96 NovaRTS (NJT has them all), and then you'll start seeing the 1999-2000 NovaRTS get pushed out, which when the privates start getting them.

• 3 weeks later...
What piece of action? NABIs? Ha

They're not getting them for quite some time because the privates all together don't have too many Flxibles. NJT's concern right now is to push the Flxibles out, then the 1995-96 NovaRTS (NJT has them all), and then you'll start seeing the 1999-2000 NovaRTS get pushed out, which when the privates start getting them.

Yep. Coach USA in Paramus (Community Coach) which works all the 700 lines (Except 703, 704, 712, and 770) only have 3 Metro D's. Academy Hoboken only has 4 of them. (and Community has the B, or Bergen County Lines now. Academy previously had them.). I doubt Coach or Academy will get any NABI's until maybe 2013 the earliest. They have Nova B's from 1999-2000 and I'm going to bet that they'll push the crap out of them like NJT did with the Flxible Metro B's and right now with the Metro D's. SO much that when garages start replacing their Novas with NABI Transits, Coach might as if they could get some of those buses before they get scrapped. Makes me wonder why they don't get some of the Metro D's that is in the Meadowlands Park and Ride now.

I can't wait to see the red and tan go 416, that will be cool, especially on the #10 route!

- A

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

In otherwords, NJT are going to work these NOVA's 'till they drop in the mean time. Yes?(NJT):P

The Novas will remain in service until their replacements start coming in.

The 1995-96 Novas will be on their way out after all the Flxible Metro-Ds are gone.

The 1999-2000 Novas still have time before they're gone.

I can't wait to see the red and tan go 416, that will be cool, especially on the #10 route!

- A

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I shutter to think seeing the 99S or the 10 bus going on a NABI.......I don't know about that one. That bus goes into Bayonne, which is not exactly FRIENDLY.....the times I taken the 81 or the 120 bus, those people can be rather ruthless......no thanks. Nova B's for you.

Archived