MTA to Get Rid of Hundreds of Bus Stops

LexAveExp5

NY1 says there is a list of bus stops that ill be removed on there site, so where is it?!

Up on 135th street they could drop some bus stops for the Bx33 and even Bx19 at 145th.. They have bus stops right next to each other within the same block, like 135th/8th and St. Nich for Bx33 to St Nich Avenue.. No point.....

I still don't quite get the placement of the Bxm11 bronx zoo stop (heading in either direction)... you're predisposed on incoming/exiting (depending on which direction) highway traffic.... it's like putting a bus stop at the end of an exit ramp....

Probably because it is right next to the exit from the Bronx Zoo. They probably figure that if they put it too far away, people will just walk to the (2) at White Plains Road, and they would lose passengers.

There are other stops in SI that are very close like the S53 on McClean Av. There is a stop on every block. That's why it gets so packed on the morning.

I don't think that that is a big factor. An extra block or two of walking isn't going to stop most people from taking the bus.

Sometimes they put bus stop at the weirdest place....there's a bus stop on Bx 3 that is located in the middle of the block.

There are 2 of those on the Bx3 (bet. fordham/183, burnside/tremont) because I guess it was felt the walks were too long to one stop or the other but I can see those getting cut

Archived