Boeing unveils new 787 Dreamliner

Harry

New jet expected to increase number of direct flights. It really is a beauty. I flew in a 767 roundtrip to Germany not to long ago and I just love the way Boeing engineers their jetliners. Bad news for the new Airbus A380 jumbo thats been plagued with engineering problems.

Yea I can't wait for the 787. It looks great and it seems to be very innovative. I hope some of the American airlines can get their hands on them. Aren't these suppose to replace the 767? I hope that the interiors will be much better, maybe more seats that can turn into beds or something. I agree Boeing is the top compared to Airbus. Airbus is really taking a lot of hits with the A 380.

Facts about the 787 Dreamliner:

• Made out of carbon-composite, aluminum and titanium.
  • 677 planes have been ordered by 47 customers worldwide.
  • Will be 20% more fuel-efficient than similar-sized planes.
  • Will seat between 210 and 330 people.
  • Will fly at Mach 0.85, about 570 mph at typical cruise altitudes, similar to a 747 jumbo.
  • Is 186 feet long with a wingspan of 197 feet.
  • List prices for the planes range from $146 million to $200 million, depending on model and configuration.

Sources: Boeing and News Wire Services

Yea I can't wait for the 787. It looks great and it seems to be very innovative. I hope some of the American airlines can get their hands on them. Aren't these suppose to replace the 767? I hope that the interiors will be much better, maybe more seats that can turn into beds or something. I agree Boeing is the top compared to Airbus. Airbus is really taking a lot of hits with the A 380.

The AA Boeing 787 order is going to replace the Boeing 767s and Airbus A300s.

(BTW, on a side note, rumor is American Airlines will soon give the official word of them ordering 787s.)

Continental Airlines is definately ordering 787s and was one of the first to order. First flight will be sometime in 2009.

The Boeing 787 Dreamliner really is a dream plane. A well built, engineered plane that will definately bring new style and technology to the commercial airline world. I am definately going to fly on one of these.

Continental Airlines is definately ordering 787s and was one of the first to order. First flight will be sometime in 2009.

The Boeing 787 Dreamliner really is a dream plane. A well built, engineered plane that will definately bring new style and technology to the commercial airline world. I am definately going to fly on one of these.

Continental Airlines will be the only US carrier purchasing it for now.

True. But I think AA really wants to get rid of those Airbus A300s....

....and maybe 767s.

Continental is the main player right now in the US and is going to be the big boy for time being. American Airlines has other things to worry about like ridership.

Continental is the main player right now in the US and is going to be the big boy for time being. American Airlines has other things to worry about like ridership.

Of course Continental. I knew Continental was going to be one of the biggest and one of the first to jump to get the 787s. And yes, AA does need to worry about many other things....

• 1 year later...

Archived