R-68 on the A??

QDover

But what about the Rockaway Park section where that part is predominantly white yet they see 20-minute service all the time?
True but remember they also threw R46 cars on the (A)(C) during the rockwell truck fiasco.out of all lines,why put dangerous cars on this line?But you have a point,But dont most residents in Rock park take express buses over the (A)?

You're half right.

Each R68 car weighs about 91,000 lbs or 45½ tons while each R160 car weighs about 85,000 lbs or 42½ tons.

As a 600' set, the R68 tips the scale at about 728,000 lbs or 364 tons, while the R160 breaks the scale (lol) at 850,000 lbs or 425 tons.

As you can see, the R160's are the true fat f***ks :P

Nice.I guess with all of the computer equipment on the R160 makes em fat,but none the less the R68 will always be know as "Hippos" or "Dumb Blondes:tup:"

Oh also you have to take into account that R68 only operate 8 cars over R160 operating 10 cars which tip the scale a bit higher.

Nice.I guess with all of the computer equipment on the R160 makes em fat,but none the less the R68 will always be know as "Hippos" or "Dumb Blondes:tup:"

Oh also you have to take into account that R68 only operate 8 cars over R160 operating 10 cars which tip the scale a bit higher.

Fresh Pond did the correct math.

R68: 91,000 lbs. empty @ 8 cars per train = 728,000 lbs. per empty full-length train

R160: 85,000 lbs. empty @ 10 cars per train = 850,000 lbs. per empty full-length train

You're half right.

Each R68 car weighs about 91,000 lbs or 45½ tons while each R160 car weighs about 85,000 lbs or 42½ tons.

As a 600' set, the R68 tips the scale at about 728,000 lbs or 364 tons, while the R160 breaks the scale (lol) at 850,000 lbs or 425 tons.

As you can see, the R160's are the true fat f***ks :)

Thank you. That's my point, as a train the R160s are heavier. Of course an R68 car will be heavier than an R160 car because there's an extra 15' of car thrown in.

True but remember they also threw R46 cars on the (A)(C) during the rockwell truck fiasco.out of all lines,why put dangerous cars on this line?But you have a point,But dont most residents in Rock park take express buses over the (A)?

I doubt that, I think they just drive and use the Marine Parkway Bridge.

I'd personally would love to see the R68s (some of them on the A and H which is technically the Rock Park Shuttle which should see more service), since that route NEVER sees them, I mean C'Mon, what's the flippin' deal with keeping the R68s from operating on the Pitkin Yard Routes

Keeping fleet types to at most 3 [R32,R44,R46] car types. There's no need to add in another fleet type into the mix. Plus they could make the (A)/© entirely R46 and still have R46s left over. I still don't think there will be any changes there since the (A) has run only R32/38/44s for years. [slants/R42s recently because CI didn't need them.]

I notice that.I would throw racism and economics into it but im going to stay off that one.

People do use the (A) to get to Howard Beach for the airtrain, so it's not just shafting riders in Brooklyn and Far Rockaway.

Plus with the R160s in jamaica and CI, there's not many places left to send out the R46s, it has to be the (A).

And R68s are likely not leaving the (D) anytime soon either because of the same reasons of where to move them.

Archived