R-68 on the A??

QDover

Will an R-68 ever pop up on the (A) line? I need some accurate answers, are they considering it or will it just be something they can but do.

Concidering so far the (C) is not going to get any R46s, not a chance. The (A) will be R46s only. And more R46s will be heading to the (A) when the (M) service starts and the (V)'s R46s are freed up.

Concidering so far the (C) is not going to get any R46s, not a chance. The (A) will be R46s only. And more R46s will be heading to the (A) when the (M) service starts and the (V)'s R46s are freed up.

I heard the R32s on 207ths side will go to the JAM side and the (C) will become 75ft im summer, is that true?

I can't really say for sure. I haven't heard about that. I'm just speculating like anyone else here.

(A)gree with GC on this :tup: Would be nice to see this

It would be nice, but I would not count on it unless it was time for the R46s to retire, and that won't be anytime soon. I feel the (A) is going to be the dumping grounds for the older trains.

I can't really say for sure. I haven't heard about that. I'm just speculating like anyone else here.

It would be nice, but I would not count on it unless it was time for the R46s to retire, and that won't be anytime soon. I feel the (A) is going to be the dumping grounds for the older trains.

I notice that.I would throw racism and economics into it but im going to stay off that one.

I notice that.I would throw racism and economics into it but im going to stay off that one.

But what about the Rockaway Park section where that part is predominantly white yet they see 20-minute service all the time?

R68S are heavier.

You're half right.

Each R68 car weighs about 91,000 lbs or 45½ tons while each R160 car weighs about 85,000 lbs or 42½ tons.

As a 600' set, the R68 tips the scale at about 728,000 lbs or 364 tons, while the R160 breaks the scale (lol) at 850,000 lbs or 425 tons.

As you can see, the R160's are the true fat f***ks :P

You're half right.

Each R68 car weighs about 91,000 lbs or 45½ tons while each R160 car weighs about 85,000 lbs or 42½ tons.

As a 600' set, the R68 tips the scale at about 728,000 lbs or 364 tons, while the R160 breaks the scale (lol) at 850,000 lbs or 425 tons.

As you can see, the R160's are the true fat f***ks :P

Smart guy:cool:

I heard the R32s on 207ths side will go to the JAM side and the (C) will become 75ft im summer, is that true?

I heard the same thing, I doubt it, But you never know, I also heard JAM that if they don't need the R32's, They will transfer them to CI to add up with the R32 trainset that's already there.

Archived