What is a lineup?

Robert Bosco

When you are at a terminal, before the train pulls out, the conductor preforms a pa check, then asks if the operator "has the lineup." What exactly is the lineup? (Qx)

A "Line-Up" is any clear signal (Yellow or Green for Automatics or Green Over Green, Or Yellow over Green or Green Over Yellow or Yellow over Yellow for Homesignals) and switches in your favor..

A Red Automatic Signal or a Red Over Red Homesignal is NOT Proper Line-up and you have to wait for it to go to Yellow or Green..

When you are leaving a terminal a C/R must ask you if you have it.

The C/R has to ask the T/O if they have the line up because Kevin O'Connell made it a bulletin after a rash of Home Signal overruns at the terminal. Sometimes T/O's get the two buzzers and indication an think its off to the races but T/O forgets to look at the Line Up then CHOW!

My own opinion its the second stupidest Bulletin C/R's have to follow the first being Pointing at the C/R's board.

Well they have to point at the board before they can even open up, it is to make sure the train is platformed so no one falls into the tunnel or on to the cat walk.

I would laugh my ass off at any adult or teen who falls into the tunnel or catwalk after exiting the train. The reason why is it's proof that person is an idiot for not looking before stepping off. No sane teen or adult should step in doggie doo. They still do cause they are to busy looking everywhere else, but where they walk. I scan the ground when I walk. On the train you should look before you step off.

Technology has dummin' society.

An individual maybe smart, but people are dumb. Saddly in todays world we have to cater to the dumb and stupid.

I'd rather watch them do something to injure or make an ass of themselves. It's good entertainment. I cater to them 5 days a week. There are always several.......

Archived