If You See Something, Say Something

Harry

Over the past eight years, the MTA's "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign has been an integral part of keeping our transit system safe. It is now a key piece of the region's security infrastructure and a simple reminder that we are all the first line of defense. This weekend's events in Times Square underscored the campaign's success in raising public awareness and the importance of remaining vigilant.

The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) launched the now-famous tag line in 2003. It has licensed its use, free of charge, to 54 organizations around the world for use in public awareness campaigns about security.

Read more: http://www.mta.info/news/stories/?story=55

post-1-133288581759_thumb.jpg

post-1-133288581759_thumb.jpg

Its not news you weisenheimer,its just a reminder if you see something say something.i.e Potential times sq bombing.Someone seen something and said something.:) Not if you see something,continue listening to Jamaraquai on your Ipod.

That's right. It's to promote additional vigilance. Even though the Times Square bomb failed, the vendor did "see something" and did "say something".

Only problem is, the slogan has existed for 8 years already!:P

It's a reminder for people that terrorists can roam around anywhere and anytime. And vigilantism can protect yourself and a whole bunch of people in the car you're in, if done right. The Times Square incident just shows that they are still trying to f*ck with us. We're not going to sit here and wait till we are attacked to respond again.

Monday at newark penn, there was unattended rolling luggage in the main waiting area, i reported it, and the cops swarmed the area. At the airport, there was an unattended car, it was towed within a minute of me reporting it to a PA cop. I also have NJTPD and PAPD on my phone.

If you see something, say something!

- A

Ok I know this might sound crazy to you, I have a question for years and no one could answer this one clearly so far. They claim how safe the subway tunnels are and that is why nothing happend down there all these years. But I just can't understand how all the fresh graffati is all over the place. And you can tell its fresh. And I can remember, right after they finished working on the bridge where the (D) runs you had fresh Graffiti on the bridge beams. I mean oh my, how well secured is a bridge when guys have enofh time to spray up a whole bridge or do a whole big wall in a tunnel?

Yes I see something, but who else see's it? Do I have to say something everytime I pass it? And the funny thing is, I never ever ever saw anyone spray graffiti have you?

Oh, and this might sound funny. I saw something else. Right when you get of the bridge with the D train to Manhatan. There is a corner full of coffee cups, I'd say atleast 50 cups and they all look a like was wondering if it is the same person puting it there. I happend to be in the first car once and the TO tossed his cup out there as he passed. lol

Ok I know this might sound crazy to you, I have a question for years and no one could answer this one clearly so far. They claim how safe the subway tunnels are and that is why nothing happend down there all these years. But I just can't understand how all the fresh graffati is all over the place. And you can tell its fresh. And I can remember, right after they finished working on the bridge where the (D) runs you had fresh Graffiti on the bridge beams. I mean oh my, how well secured is a bridge when guys have enofh time to spray up a whole bridge or do a whole big wall in a tunnel?

Yes I see something, but who else see's it? Do I have to say something everytime I pass it? And the funny thing is, I never ever ever saw anyone spray graffiti have you?

Oh, and this might sound funny. I saw something else. Right when you get of the bridge with the D train to Manhatan. There is a corner full of coffee cups, I'd say atleast 50 cups and they all look a like was wondering if it is the same person puting it there. I happend to be in the first car once and the TO tossed his cup out there as he passed. lol

Funny you mentioned the mysterious graffiti in the tunnels Mr Parrots.My theory would be that tunnel and track workers are the ones doing it.Like when the 63rd street connection was finished shortly after graffiti popped up out of nowhere.:confused: Remember some of these workeres are old enough to do this since the 80`s.

If you see something say something to who? If the TA gets there way there will not be any employees to say something to. And unless you have access to TA employee facilities you will have a hard time finding a cop most of the time, they are busy sleeping in the TA crew quarters or not in use towers.

Archived