A couple of questions

trainfan22

1]What happen to the R42s on the (L) and (Z) lines?

2]If the (A) line is getting the R40 slants.Then where will the R42s on the (J) and (M) lines go?

3]What happen to R68 2836?Today i saw two R68As on the (B).No sign of R68 2836 it just vahished.

4]The siemens R160s have been out of service.For like a month does it.Take the MTA that long just to inspect a train?

1. there are no R42's on the L

2. probably gonna get scrapped, i am starting to see photos of the 160's on the M

3. it's either in the yard, in the layups or on another line

4. hmm, you are kinda right about that. haven't seen any siemens 160's lately. but then again i don't ride the N regularly lol

1: All R-42's on the (L) we're replaced with R-143's and R-160's due to the recent upgrade in technology regrading signals and tracking system.

2: (A) might also get R-68's but the (J) and (M) will convert to automatic train control (like the (L)) so that all R-160's can run on those lines.

3: It might be in Coney Island getting overhauled.

4: All R-160 siemens are getting checked out for flaws, they will be back on service in March and April. Also some R-160B's are being tested on the (W) lines so that can also be a factor.

I don't know where you get your info from N-Trizzy.

1. The R42s on the Larry were replaced with R160s. The R42s on the Zebra have been replaced by R160s as well. However, there is about 1 or 2 R42 Zebras left in service as of now. Get your last rides.

2. The R42s from the J/M/Z will prolly be mixed in with different lines. There is no exact place set right now for them to go. The J/M is NOT going to convert to CBTC anytime soon. There has not even been talk about that yet at all. The next line to get CBTC is the 7 Line. Whats my source? My brother is in CBTC training for 2 weeks now.

3. There is a major problem with the Siemens Set R160s. The trucks are cracking on almost all of the sets. Thats why you're not seeing them in service.

1]What happen to the R42s on the (L) and (Z) lines?

2]If the (A) line is getting the R40 slants.Then where will the R42s on the (J) and (M) lines go?

3]What happen to R68 2836?Today i saw two R68As on the (B).No sign of R68 2836 it just vahished.

4]The siemens R160s have been out of service.For like a month does it.Take the MTA that long just to inspect a train?

1. Replaced by R160s and either moved to another line in the Eastern Division or scrapped if it was a CI rebuild.

2. Scrapped, or sent to CIY to replace the R40s.

3. Getting door enablers, or on another line.

4. Don't Know

I don't know where you get your info from N-Trizzy.

1. The R42s on the Larry were replaced with R160s. The R42s on the Zebra have been replaced by R160s as well. However, there is about 1 or 2 R42 Zebras left in service as of now. Get your last rides.

2. The R42s from the J/M/Z will prolly be mixed in with different lines. There is no exact place set right now for them to go. The J/M is NOT going to convert to CBTC anytime soon. There has not even been talk about that yet at all. The next line to get CBTC is the 7 Line. Whats my source? My brother is in CBTC training for 2 weeks now.

3. There is a major problem with the Siemens Set R160s. The trucks are cracking on almost all of the sets. Thats why you're not seeing them in service.

Its not a major problem..

Just a "Minor" one...

Remember Warrenty work so Siemens has to fix it...

Yep I know that. It hasn't hit the railfan community yet though. Now it has.

Quite a few RTO people who "posts" on these sites knew about it as well but sometimes certain things are best kept "in house"..

If anybody says anything it wont be one of them..

Which is the case here..

Archived