New N88 Schedule

Amtrak7

http://mta.info/libus/jones_beach/JB%20Timetable%202010.pdf

This is the first of many schedules to be slaughtered because of the service cuts. The new service for the N88 is as follows:

Weekend service 5/29 through 9/12

Weekday service 6/28 through 9/6

Same schedule weekday and weekend:

Depart Freeport every half hour :05 and :35, 8:35 through 19:35

Depart Jones Beach every half hour :00 and :30, 9:00 through 20:00

I think this schedule is terrible. The N88 was already very crowded before this service cut, now it will be even more crowded due to reduced frequencies and people flocking from the now-defunct N87. This is my idea for a schedule if trips had to be slashed:

Friday-Sunday, Memorial Day-Labor Day:

N87: Hourly, 9:00-13:00 and 15:00-20:00

N88: 12-15 minutes 8:00-12:00 and 15:00-18:30, 30 minutes 12:00-15:00 and 18:30-20:00

If the MTA couldn't afford more service, then Monday-Thursday could be cut, or run on a 45-minute schedule for N88 only.

I stopped going to Jones Beach years ago because of the crappy LI Bus service. I think alot of folks will be forced to go elsewhere, Long Beach, Robert Moses, or the Rockaways. Even the Jersey Shore.

On a more serious note, I know a few bus ops are worried about their jobs, as there may be layoffs at LIB as well. :(

I found it hard to believe when I was told there would no more bus service to the JB theater. Does this mean the LIRR is giving up it's most lucrative package deal?

They're too busy trying to promote service to the Meadowlands !

Archived