R151 Rumor Thread

East New York

You know I just realized. If R142s had motors on their third car in every 5-car set, you wouldn't hate them nearly as much as that would mean that they wouldn't be in 207th Street Yard all the time.

I have other reasons as to why i hate the R142/A.They have other problems with those cars other than their brakes.Problems that the everyday pubic cant see.not all of the R142/A problems are kwown by railfans.Some things the MTA just keeps behind close doors....

You know I just realized. If R142s had motors on their third car in every 5-car set, you wouldn't hate them nearly as much as that would mean that they wouldn't be in 207th Street Yard all the time.

Let me explain the way the Motors are set up on the R142's and R142A's...

5 car Units, "A" cars and "B" cars..

So in a 10 car unit this is how it is...

A-B-B-B-A-A-B-B-B-A

Now that being said ONLY the "A" Cars have two motorized trucks..

The "B" Cars have ONE motorized truck and One trailer turck (meaning no motor).

Now you can look at what i just posted, do the math and see how many Motors are on a ten car unit and which cars have One and Two Motors.

I dont know where you get this "every third car" stuff from...

Now I hope this helps...

It did, I originally thought that only the middle car in a 5-car set had no motor.

You're thinking of the R110A.

In the mean time i'm curious on how they're gonna set up an 11-Car train for the (7)(7x)

like im thinking A-B-B-B-A-S-A-B-B-B-A S stand for a single Double ended car, a.k.a. a single.

or A-B-B-B-A-B-A-B-B-B-A. Like I said I'm not sure.

Archived