Another (possible) R46 Transfer

R10 2952

On Friday at about 6:00 PM, I was on an R-46 (V) train, in which the second 4-car set (#'s 5810-5813) happened to have freshly-placed blue diamond stickers next to the car number plates. Unless I'm mistaken, this probably means that that particular set will be transferred to the (A) line soon. As a result, we can predict (at least in theory) that another 4-car set of R-44s will probably be retired equally soon. Just thought I'd give everyone a minor heads-up.:tup:

That R46 must of been borrowed off Piktin. Last week there was some (F)s running Piktin R46. As for the (V) using it, it must of stayed at JAM for the week since this weekend the (F) is going via Euclid.

I would think they would only mark the car for 207 AFTER it got there.

Opps, sorry, I should be responding to the Opening Poster rather than this one, look above.

Very simple, and I've reported on this before. Last weekend IIRC. On the weekend GO where the F's got to Euclid, that end of the line has a few put-ins when the GO starts Friday nights and a corresponding number of lay-ups when the GO ends on on Monday morning. That is why sometimes in the past you saw an occasional weekend R44 on the F. Now they can use R46's. Apparently last weekend for whatever reason a train of R46's did not make it back to Pitkin, I saw it on the F early last week. The 4 cars you mentioned plus 5798/5799/5801/5800. These were on the G later in the week.

They'll get back to Pitkin, when they are looking to inspect them at the latest. Things happen on such a large system. Logical sense tells you that when the new pick goes into effect on 6/27 and 8 car R160's from the M starts running along Queens Blvd. another bunch of R46's will be transfered to Pitkin.

On Friday at about 6:00 PM, I was on an R-46 (V) train, in which the second 4-car set (#'s 5810-5813) happened to have freshly-placed blue diamond stickers next to the car number plates. Unless I'm mistaken, this probably means that that particular set will be transferred to the (A) line soon. As a result, we can predict (at least in theory) that another 4-car set of R-44s will probably be retired equally soon. Just thought I'd give everyone a minor heads-up.:tup:

Those 4 car been on that line for a while now I remember when I has 5812 as a south motor on the (F)

Most likely borrowed from the (A), since the (F) is going to Euclid there gonna need more service. Had to wait 20 minutes after I missed one (F) train

You're like 2-3 weeks late on this.It was part of the swap R32's for the 46's.

That R46 must of been borrowed off Piktin. Last week there was some (F)s running Piktin R46. As for the (V) using it, it must of stayed at JAM for the week since this weekend the (F) is going via Euclid.

Not borrowed but there was 1 set borrowed which was 5910 was on the (F) last week and Friday it was back on the (A).

Was part of the 32/46 swap from 2-7th & Jamaica.

Opps, sorry, I should be responding to the Opening Poster rather than this one, look above.

Very simple, and I've reported on this before. Last weekend IIRC. On the weekend GO where the F's got to Euclid, that end of the line has a few put-ins when the GO starts Friday nights and a corresponding number of lay-ups when the GO ends on on Monday morning. That is why sometimes in the past you saw an occasional weekend R44 on the F. Now they can use R46's. Apparently last weekend for whatever reason a train of R46's did not make it back to Pitkin, I saw it on the F early last week. The 4 cars you mentioned plus 5798/5799/5801/5800. These were on the G later in the week.

They'll get back to Pitkin, when they are looking to inspect them at the latest. Things happen on such a large system. Logical sense tells you that when the new pick goes into effect on 6/27 and 8 car R160's from the M starts running along Queens Blvd. another bunch of R46's will be transfered to Pitkin.

According to a report I just got today from a most relaible source, the 8 cars mentioned in this thread will be part of the Jamaica fleet because come June 27th the final R46 projected allotment will be 5482-5821 at Jamaica and 5822-6207 (all) and 6208-6258 (even) at Pitkin. That's 340 for Jamaica and 412 for Pitkin.

5810-5813 is a 207th St. set. It ended up at Jamaica as a result of the (F) GO and will be sent back to 207th then the (MTA) gets a chance.

No it was part of the 32/46 swap.You mean 5910 set was result of the (F) GO and will be sent back but it was back on the (A) as I seen on Friday.

According to a report I just got today from a most relaible source, the 8 cars mentioned in this thread will be part of the Jamaica fleet because come June 27th the final R46 projected allotment will be 5482-5821 at Jamaica and 5822-6207 (all) and 6208-6258 (even) at Pitkin. That's 340 for Jamaica and 412 for Pitkin.

some R46s might be used on the (C) if it goes full length if the (C) does not go full length on june 27th then (C) will stay 8car R32 (480ft). R46 would be used on (A) only

Archived