Academy NYU Buses

nycbusfan

Yesterday I was on 2nd. Ave. near the Midtown Tunnel when I saw from far an RTS approaching. When the bus passed me I saw that it was an NYU bus operated by Academy. Does Academy now operate this service instead of Coach USA?

Yes, Academy has the contract to run the NYU services. The buses being used ran in Rutgers University and Newark Airport (before Golden Touch won that contract).

And speaking of companies getting contracts and whatnot, the Coach USA Elizabeth garage lost their Newark Airport service to Academy (not the service to NY, but the shuttles around the airport to the parking lots).

Yes, Academy has the contract to run the NYU services. The buses being used ran in Rutgers University and Newark Airport (before Golden Touch won that contract).

And speaking of companies getting contracts and whatnot, the Coach USA Elizabeth garage lost their Newark Airport service to Academy (not the service to NY, but the shuttles around the airport to the parking lots).

Thanks for the info Pablo. Besides the RTS' what else is being used for this service?

Yesterday I was on 2nd. Ave. near the Midtown Tunnel when I saw from far an RTS approaching. When the bus passed me I saw that it was an NYU bus operated by Academy. Does Academy now operate this service instead of Coach USA?

Do you mean this?

IMG_5630.jpg

IMG_5633.jpg

I caught this pic on Monday the 24th.

Archived