dim destination signs

WannaBeMTA12

Is it me or on the NG orion 7s the orange letters in the destination sign in the front will be dim, hen go super bright. I watched a Bx26 go bright n dim while going under a bridge. So is there a sensor or jus a glitch somewhere?

Is it me or on the NG orion 7s the orange letters in the destination sign in the front will be dim, hen go super bright. I watched a Bx26 go bright n dim while going under a bridge. So is there a sensor or jus a glitch somewhere?

Probably some power-saver.

I saw it with Flatbush's 07NGs too.

The newer Luminators does that because its reactive to the lighting surrounding it. That's why in dark areas, they go really bright, and in the dead sun, they're dim. (If I'm right)

Na man. Wen I was telling the story about the Bx26 it got dim under the bridge and bright wen it emerged from under the bridge. Completely opposite from common sense.

thats why I said was it a glitch?

To be honest I don't know why they dim like that.

I always thought it had something to do with power conservation or something.

At CTTransit the New Flyers do it all the time,but the two Novas they converted to LED signs (9637 and9649) don't.

RIPTAs Orions 5s and Gilligs don't do it and I've never seen MBTAs buses do it either.

Greyhound's Prevosts do the dim/not dim "glitch", but at Peter Pan our D4505s and new J4500(I am so glad BZ did'nt get those)don't dim out and we have the same AESYS sign.

I think maybe it's some kind of option that not everybody is opting for.

Archived