Widow miscarried after 'soul mate' James Knell fell to death on train tracks

Y2Julio

Two days after track worker James Knell was electrocuted on a third rail, his widow found out she was pregnant.

Before he left their cozy home in East Rockaway, L.I., to work an overtime shift on April 25, James, 45, reminded his wife about the doctor's appointment.

Jackie Knell, 39, had undergone in-vitro fertilization that month after trying for more than two years to have a baby. "Tomorrow's the big day," he said.

And then he was gone, off to a rain-soaked stretch of elevated tracks on the A line in the Rockaways, where he fell to his death.

Jackie Knell is speaking out for the first time about the shattering loss of her soul mate.

"He wasn't my first love, he was my only love," she said. "I never thought there was one person who fulfilled all my desires and dreams. It wasn't until I was with him that I believed in soul mates."

They met as young sweethearts in Flushing, Queens, went their own ways, but then met again after divorcing their spouses. And when he died, so many wonderful plans went with him.

"I didn't just lose my husband, I lost my future," she added.

Jackie suffered a miscarriage within a month of James' death. And now, she's hired a lawyer to help her look out for the future - and that of her twins from her previous marriage, Jillian and Hunter.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/06/21/2010-06-21_widow_miscarried_after_soul_mate_fell_to_death_on_tracks_i_lost_my_husband_and_i.html#ixzz0rVSmMAoW

post-1245-133288582084_thumb.jpg

post-1245-133288582084_thumb.jpg

it is so sad, why would James Knell work on track during the rain?

Because MTA bosses put pressure on works which forces them to cut corners or engage in activity that is not as safe as it could be.

Archived