Siemens sets are running again

trainfan22

As i was getting off my R68 (N) train at pafic street.I hear the siemens popusion sound on the other platform.So i can confirm that the siemens sets are running again.Well at least one of them and i didnt see actully see the train so dont know the numbers.

Does anybody know how they seal the cracking in the trucks?Do they use crazy glue?

As i was getting off my R68 (N) train at pafic street.I hear the siemens popusion sound on the other platform.So i can confirm that the siemens sets are running again.Well at least one of them and i didnt see actully see the train so dont know the numbers.

Does anybody know how they seal the cracking in the trucks?Do they use crazy glue?

They definitely didn't use crazy glue. Like the R-46's, they probably sent it out to Kawasaki and Alstom to get rebuilt from the ground up. Unlike Pullman, I'm guessing Alstom had no problem what so ever replacing the trucks since they are on deep ice already for delivering cars late.

So they probaly sent it back to kawaski and siemens im guessing.I thought CI yard would call kawasaki on the phone.And kawaski/siemens would send some people to fix it on MTA grounds...

Ya, thats exactly what happened. Supposedly mechanics from Kawasaki and Siemens came and worked on the problem.

Im on the (N)ovember on Thursday and Friday i will pull coats...

They definitely didn't use crazy glue. Like the R-46's, they probably sent it out to Kawasaki and Alstom to get rebuilt from the ground up. Unlike Pullman, I'm guessing Alstom had no problem what so ever replacing the trucks since they are on deep ice already for delivering cars late.

Kawasaki is the one with the cracked Siemens trucks......

Archived