'If it weren't for the cameras, I would kick your a--', angry rider told bus driver

Y2Julio

Yessir. IIRC, Ulmer Park, Flatbush, and Quill have some. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong though. I have seen them on Flatbush, and Quill buses in the past.

I do not believe Ulmer Park has any cameras on their buses, but Flatbush and Quill definitely do. The B6 being out of Ulmer, it is curious why the attacker talked about cameras.

Yeah ever since the bus driver incident on the B46 there are several of Flatbush RTS' that have them. They're really for the B46 which is why you don't always see NGs on that route but from time to time the RTS' retrofitted with the cameras will pop up on another Flatbush route.

All the 5xxx and some 88xx rts have cameras at flatbush and a couple buses has the barrier between the driver and passengers.

Queens Village has/had RTSs with cameras. Idk why, their buses don't go through bad areas. Better off @ Baisley Park or Jamaica or JFK if they even still have them.

Idk the whole story, I wasn't there but I know not every passenger is an angel and neither is every B/O, however no one should be beaten like that. They should start giving these B/O's Mace and/or Tasers.

Snuffing a bus driver is cowardly. Standing and watching your bus driver fight an unruly passenger is also cowardly. Guess it was a bus full of women and children; the only reason to stand and watch. This is when someone should get jumped.

I do not believe Ulmer Park has any cameras on their buses, but Flatbush and Quill definitely do. The B6 being out of Ulmer, it is curious why the attacker talked about cameras.

The 8600s had cameras [but they are all gone now], but what other MJQ buses there now has them?

Yeah ever since the bus driver incident on the B46 there are several of Flatbush RTS' that have them. They're really for the B46 which is why you don't always see NGs on that route but from time to time the RTS' retrofitted with the cameras will pop up on another Flatbush route.

There's a few more NGs on the b46 now. I think the NG ban has been lifted especially to allow the B41-B46 interlining.

Also it's been reported that most of those cameras don't work either. [Company is either bankrupt or some other reason.]

The 8600s had cameras [but they are all gone now], but what other MJQ buses there now has them?

There's a few more NGs on the b46 now. I think the NG ban has been lifted especially to allow the B41-B46 interlining.

Also it's been reported that most of those cameras don't work either. [Company is either bankrupt or some other reason.]

Camera Company is out of business.

Anywho, any one who chooses to fight with a bus operator, you are out of your mind!

If it wasn't for the cameras I would have shanked him as soon as he raised his fist to hit me.

Not a good idea, first get punched then shank him so you claim self defense, otherwise they will ask well why did you shank him if he didn't even touch you....

So now we all know what DevilBus65 little something was. Good for him that he was never assaulted in his many years as a B/O.

A Brooklyn man accused of pummeling a bus driver and tossing him to the street was indicted Friday on an assault charge carrying up to seven years in prison.

"I'm just hoping he gets the max," said the injured driver, Gilberto Davila. "I'm out here doing my job, trying to put food on the table for my family ... and I have to deal with somebody's stupidity? I have to deal with being assaulted?"

Apparently upset about how long it would take to get to his destination, Jason Ferreira is accused of repeatedly punching Davila on the B6 in Bensonhurst Monday morning, authorities said. Ferreira then flung Davila out the door "like a feather," Davila said.

Davila, 44, suffered a black eye, lacerations across the face and other injuries. His left eye was swollen shut, and he's still suffering from headaches and back and neck pain, he said yesterday.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2010/07/03/2010-07-03_goon_slapped_with_rap_in_busdriver_attack.html#ixzz0skj5oY69

That idiot deserves the maximum penalty, no reason for attacking Gilberto Davila the bus operator! :mad: Guess the fact that it's a felony to attack bus/train operators, conductors and other personnel doesn't compute with these morons.

So where is the picture of Mr. Ferreira in the newspaper? Hello Daily News? You have no problem showing a photo of Mr. Davila,so what is going on here? Do the photographers of the Daily News have to ask permission first before snapping a photo of the PERP?

If it wasn't for the cameras I would have shanked him as soon as he raised his fist to hit me.

Like that Bus Operator from 2007 I believe, who was stabbed in the arm by a perp then took the same knife and plunged into the perps chest killing him.

So where is the picture of Mr. Ferreira in the newspaper? Hello Daily News? You have no problem showing a photo of Mr. Davila,so what is going on here? Do the photographers of the Daily News have to ask permission first before snapping a photo of the PERP?

(V)ery good question ???

Like that Bus Operator from 2007 I believe, who was stabbed in the arm by a perp then took the same knife and plunged into the perps chest killing him.

Yes, Edwin Thomas on a B46 RTS #9666 [which I believe is at QV].

As for this recent jerk, I hope his face is posted on every depot walls so crews will know to be on the watch out for that guy.

Yes, Edwin Thomas on a B46 RTS #9666 [which I believe is at QV].

As for this recent jerk, I hope his face is posted on every depot walls so crews will know to be on the watch out for that guy.

Two different incidents. The B46 thing with Mr. Thomas happened in '08.

Archived