'If it weren't for the cameras, I would kick your a--', angry rider told bus driver

Y2Julio

The Brooklyn bus driver pummeled by an irate rider Monday morning feared for his life while being battered - and worried about his other passengers.

After being punched in the face, NYC Transit driver Gilberto Davila said he grabbed his burly attacker by the waist as a handful of B6 passengers looked on in horror.

"I'm just thinking of survival and keeping him away from the passengers," Davila, 44, told the Daily News, recalling the onboard combat that lasted about three minutes.

"I'm holding him towards the front of the bus and he's pummeling away, swinging away."

"My life was in jeopardy," Davila continued, adding he was concerned the man might have a weapon.

Davila on Tuesday was nursing a formidable shiner, scrapes to his face, bumps on his head and pain in the neck. Initially, his left eye was swollen shut, he said.

Police charged Jason Ferreira with felony assault and several misdemeanors in the attack that came on the first weekday of sweeping cuts to bus and subway service.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2010/06/30/2010-06-30_he_was_rider_from_hell_bus_driver_tells_of_bklyn_beatdown.html

post-1245-133288582097_thumb.jpg

post-1245-133288582097_thumb.jpg

All i can is i hope there are more NYPD cops both in uniform and undercover for next few weeks as the riders (which have every right to be upset)are p@ssed. However violence against any (MTA) employee is not the answer.:P

Now i know why (MTA) bosses for years now including the current one Walder has bodyguards on a regular basis.:confused:

This skell is toast, just by looking at the B/O's face and the fact that there were witnesses on the bus who all saw how it went down. No need for cameras,I wonder what his legal aid defense is going to be? I wouldn't be surprised if he was on drugs at the time.

What is messed up was that it seems that nobody came to the B/O's defense,yet the B/O was concerned about his "passengers." He was on his own,luckily for him this skell didn't have a weapon on him. Hey Jason,Bubba will be waiting for you upstate!:tup:

All i can is i hope there are more NYPD cops both in uniform and undercover for next few weeks as the riders (which have every right to be upset)are p@ssed. However violence against any (MTA) employee is not the answer.:P

Now i know why (MTA) bosses for years now including the current one Walder has bodyguards on a regular basis.:confused:

If he or anybody else would have punched Walder I would be celebrating,LOL. The only reason why Walder and the previous CEO Sanders had a bodyguard was because they are COWARDS and can't fight like a real man would. Rich people are all talk and show but inside they are all cowards.

If he or anybody else would have punched Walder I would be celebrating,LOL.

Why? How is any of this Walder's fault?

- Did Walder tell the City Council and State Legislature to de-fund the entire transit system? NO.

- Did Walder lower everybody's property values so that the MTA's real estate tax revenues and mortgage recording tax revenues could fall from $860M in 2007 to $145M in 2009?? NO.

- Did Walder tell the State Legislature to devise a fake "rescue plan" based on inflated revenue projections, and then take half of the actual revenue for other purposes? NO.

Basically, Walder was just reacting to a FISCAL REALITY (which, by the way, is his job). Meanwhile, the politicians, unions, and Straphangers Campaign refuse to even acknowledge the existence of that fiscal reality.

Anybody who has done even a little research into this issue already knows all of the above.

- Did Walder tell the City Council and State Legislature to de-fund the entire transit system? NO.

- Did Walder lower everybody's property values so that the MTA's real estate tax revenues and mortgage recording tax revenues could fall from $860M in 2007 to $145M in 2009?? NO.

- Did Walder tell the State Legislature to devise a fake "rescue plan" based on inflated revenue projections, and then take half of the actual revenue for other purposes? NO.

Basically, Walder was just reacting to a FISCAL REALITY (which, by the way, is his job). Meanwhile, the politicians, unions, and Straphangers Campaign refuse to even acknowledge the existence of that fiscal reality.

Anybody who has done even a little research into this issue already knows all of the above.

Thanks! Finally someone sees that Walder is not totally at fault here. It's actually Albany's fault.

Thanks! Finally someone sees that Walder is not totally at fault here. It's actually Albany's fault.

Bullshit it's both , Personally You two f**king guys are idiots for sticking up for these Asswhipes you NX look at you sticking up for this other dumbass Gotham boy you both have no idea or any clue what the families of my brothers and sisters are going threw

Yous two don't even work for the system and you both wanna take the side of these animals we have working for us , While the people that got pink slips are wondering what there next move is to get A dolla

This poor bus Op had more balls then both of you put together he was getting his ass kicked and this guy was still trying to protect his pass , This guy should be honored as a hero in my book cuz that took balls

Guess what I bet your last dolla the MTA tried to see if this BOp fought back just to fire him cuz that's how these rodents think

and you two motherf**kas got the balls to stick up for Walder and Albany

Jesus Christ I'm pissed when I saw this

The both of you most likely don't have. House note or A Car Note or kids and you wanna stick up for the system , Yes the system that could care less

boy I hope you see my point cuz you both don't know what side to take and what stupid ass Research to see duh what we don't watch the news or read newspaper go ahead look for the layoff threads on here for our poor brothers and sisters go ahead and come back and tell me I'm wrong for stickng up for the proud people that drive you peeps home safetly everyday

yeh I'm revved but these two don't have A clue all they are worried about is if they got tweeted on mystupidspace they couldn't handle A real job like all of us do on A reg(K)<R>

I hope this guy who attacked the bus operator gets seven years in prison for this! I have B/O friends working for that depot at Ulmer Park. This is horrible. Over the fact that the bus wasn't going too fast and this person has to punch the bus operator. He's an idiot! Anyone that defends this passenger and his actions is an idiot too!

Seriously?

Walder walked off the table as talks were in progress to save all the jobs and rehire those already laid off.

Walder refuses to acknowledge that union itself is ready to contribute to help MTA's situation.

Walder refuses to blame MTA for the projects that are 90% over budget.

Walder refuses to blame the book keepers but blasts union and us workers in the newspaper left and right.

Did you know Walder has a partnership with a private firm that is linked to bloomberg?

Did you know Walder was forced out London and it wouldnt be a surprise if hes chased out before he can make the next step to cover the 400 Million dollar gap by doing more layoffs?

Also Walder blasts Senators and federal Judges who are in favor of not laying workers off!

Ofcourse you didnt! Do your homework next time and have some pride and sense to stand behind those who stand behind you.

Excellent post.

The economy is to blame. Everywhere there's downsizing plus there's lack of demand for some services. What's the MTA to do? Keep things as is like this is pre-2008 and bleed out even more money? But to blame everything on one person is just crazy.

Are you related to him? STFU!

Seriously?

Walder walked off the table as talks were in progress to save all the jobs and rehire those already laid off.

Walder refuses to acknowledge that union itself is ready to contribute to help MTA's situation.

Walder refuses to blame MTA for the projects that are 90% over budget.

Walder refuses to blame the book keepers but blasts union and us workers in the newspaper left and right.

Did you know Walder has a partnership with a private firm that is linked to bloomberg?

Did you know Walder was forced out London and it wouldnt be a surprise if hes chased out before he can make the next step to cover the 400 Million dollar gap by doing more layoffs?

Also Walder blasts Senators and federal Judges who are in favor of not laying workers off!

Ofcourse you didnt! Do your homework next time and have some pride and sense to stand behind those who stand behind you.

(V)ery (V)ery Well said ,Thank you Sir cuz you deserve it:tup:

Bullshit it's both , Personally You two f**king guys are idiots for sticking up for these Asswhipes you NX look at you sticking up for this other dumbass Gotham boy you both have no idea or any clue what the families of my brothers and sisters are going threw...

I was merely replying to a post which suggested that Walder himself had personally caused the budget shortfall. But you already knew that.

Yous two don't even work for the system...

How, exactly, can you be sure of this?

The both of you most likely don't have. House note or A Car Note or kids...

My wife would be very surprised to hear that I don't have a house with a mortgage, since both of our names are on that mortgage. (Car is paid off. No kids yet.)

you wanna stick up for the system

Again, I was merely clarifying somebody else's point.

...boy I hope you see my point cuz you both don't know what side to take and what stupid ass Research to see duh what we don't watch the news or read newspaper...

It's not about taking sides. It's about having complete information. I read the newspapers, too, but I read everything they write and not just the parts that I agree with.

...our poor brothers and sisters...

You and your brothers/sisters work hard for your paychecks, but you're not "poor"at all. Most passengers earn A LOT less money and have very few or no benefits.

Are you related to him?

No.

Why do YOU object to having complete information??

STFU!

What a mature and insightful comment.

I was merely replying to a post which suggested that Walder himself had personally caused the budget shortfall. But you already knew that.

How, exactly, can you be sure of this?

My wife would be very surprised to hear that I don't have a house with a mortgage, since both of our names are on that mortgage. (Car is paid off. No kids yet.)

Again, I was merely clarifying somebody else's point.

It's not about taking sides. It's about having complete information. I read the newspapers, too, but I read everything they write and not just the parts that I agree with.

You and your brothers/sisters work hard for your paychecks, but you're not "poor"at all. Most passengers earn A LOT less money and have very few or no benefits.

(E)xcatly my point you have no Family with Needs so you wouldnt know the first thing about what (MTA) has done to the fams that are struggling right now

And what so what you got A wife big deal ,I got one also ,I still would never go and say this shit and as you can read ,Your not well liked on this thread so appolgz and that hopefully will do ,Just remember (G)otham ,A good portion of peeps are getting the Axe as we speak so dont you dare sit there with A reply like this cuz the ones who are feeling it maybe haven't read this yet so be preparred pal

Bullshit it's both.....

Exactly... composite forces are the guilty parties here....

I compare it to the whole godzilla vs king kong scenario, myself....

it's like....

king kong is trying to defeat the almighty fire-breathing godzilla...

godzilla tries to defeat the all powerful king kong...

Who's the enemy... who's the hero...

Now think about who's destroying the city & the human livelihood down below, in the process.

ROAAARRRRRR !!!!

Actually, King Kong did battle Godzilla, and although only Kong emerged from the ocean, Godzilla would have, like, 25 + sequels.

On this issue, I feel very bad for the B/O. He didn't deserve it. Sometimes (or most of the times) people can be crazy and illogical. If you want to hit someone for the cuts, it better not be a T/O or a B/O, or any one who work tirelessly for the MTA. Hit Walder, or Bloomberg, or one of those politicians, for that matter.

I have a slightly different take on the whole Walder,(MTA), Albany, NYC angle. Albany and NYC have short-changed the (MTA) for years, forcing the agency into the bond market for operating funds. I think we can all agree on that point. I think that Walder's defenders overlook one very salient point though. Before his tenure in London he was right here in the (MTA). A so-called financial wizard who was brought back to NY to clean up the financial mess that the agency is in today. The same man who was part and parcel of the financial skullduggery that led the (MTA) to the position it's in today. Hopefully this incident with the B/O is an isolated incident and this skell does some time but imagine some other skell assaulting a B/O, S/A, or C/R because he or she is pissed that their service has been cut back or eliminated because of the (MTA). I still say that Walder and company are responsible in some way. Just my two cents.

Yessir. IIRC, Ulmer Park, Flatbush, and Quill have some. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong though. I have seen them on Flatbush, and Quill buses in the past.

Yeah ever since the bus driver incident on the B46 there are several of Flatbush RTS' that have them. They're really for the B46 which is why you don't always see NGs on that route but from time to time the RTS' retrofitted with the cameras will pop up on another Flatbush route.

Archived