A Septa PCC

• 6 months later...

They're quite nice and definitely worth riding if you're out that way. Although, just a note to any purists, the ones in service are not true PCCs, but rebuilt PCCs called PCC-IIs. So they're basically modern LRVs in the shell of an old PCC, but nevertheless a nice ride and they add a nice touch to the areas which it runs through. I take it the one pictured in this thread is an original PCC? At least I doubt they'd use one for a display since, from what I've heard, they sometimes have to replace the Rt. 15 with a bus to compensate for not having enough PCC-IIs.

• 3 weeks later...
BTW, does anyone know when theyll be looking to replace their k-cars adn what type of equipment theyre looking to get?

They may just overhaul them. They aren't in too bad shape as far as i know. The N5 cars would get replaced first before trolly lines.

- A

• 1 month later...

Those old school trolley's are running currently on Rt.15 along Girard Ave. connecting the Port Richmond neighborhood to Haddington at 63rd st. & Haverford Av in West Philly.

I used to live in Philly but never actually rode one.

I don't think Philly can afford to buy new trolley cars anytime in the near future. The current West Philly trolley cars were originally built in 1981 and overhauled in the 1990s.

Archived