MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, TyBusLover1 said:

Will any XDs from GA get displaced to another depot once more XEs arrive?

I could imagine Grand Avenue displacing their 2015 XD40s to Flatbush and/or Fresh Pond, but we'll have to see what happens.

39 minutes ago, Iron Valiant said:

I could imagine Grand Avenue displacing their 2015 XD40s to Flatbush and/or Fresh Pond, but we'll have to see what happens.

Considering its a small amount of buses they are getting, I don't see anything getting displaced.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, xD4nn said:

Aren't they getting 16?

Whatever the allotment is, it's not going to be enough to warrant displacement of buses at Grand. I also don't think that they'll be displacing buses so soon considering that these are electric buses.

The only displacement I can potentially see is Quill sending LFS Hybrids over to Manhattanville to retire the NGs, but even that is a stretch.

Edited by Cait Sith

4 hours ago, Iron Valiant said:

9634 is running on the M2. Not sure if this is a transfer to Manhattanville or if it was already reported.

Is it actually on the M2 or is it a glitch from the solar storm? I'm not trusting anything rn.

Posted (edited)

Y'all are making up some really dumb theories. There's no glitch caused by the eclipse or the solar storm.....its just your regular system glitches that's been happening for YEARS....gotta stop believing everything you read on Discord lmfao.

Edited by Cait Sith

To clear the air here, there was a strong solar storm that affected gps and communication systems all across the earth. It peaked from Friday through Sunday night. 

To understand what a solar storm/flare is, here’s an article: https://www.earth.com/news/secondary-peak-extreme-geomagnetic-solar-storm-expected-today/ 

Here’s an excerpt: Solar Flares: Intense eruptions of electromagnetic radiation from the Sun’s surface. Geomagnetic storms can have significant impacts on various aspects of modern technology and infrastructure:

- Power Grids: Strong geomagnetic storms can induce currents in power lines, causing transformers to overheat and potentially leading to widespread power outages.

- Satellite Communications: Charged particles can damage satellite electronics and disrupt communication signals.

- GPS and Navigation Systems: Geomagnetic disturbances can interfere with the accuracy of GPS and other navigation systems.

- Radio Communications: Storms can disrupt radio signals, affecting communication systems that rely on HF, VHF, and UHF bands.

Like I said certain buses trackers are glitched still from what happened over the weekend so be advised certain movements are correct so judge them at your own observation. 

And yes bus trackers glitch from time to time but do understand the why people are saying this was due to a solar flare/geometric storm. Things should be normal at this time. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JoshTheScrub said:

To clear the air here, there was a strong solar storm that affected gps and communication systems all across the earth. It peaked from Friday through Sunday night. 

To understand what a solar storm/flare is, here’s an article: https://www.earth.com/news/secondary-peak-extreme-geomagnetic-solar-storm-expected-today/ 

Here’s an excerpt: Solar Flares: Intense eruptions of electromagnetic radiation from the Sun’s surface. Geomagnetic storms can have significant impacts on various aspects of modern technology and infrastructure:

- Power Grids: Strong geomagnetic storms can induce currents in power lines, causing transformers to overheat and potentially leading to widespread power outages.

- Satellite Communications: Charged particles can damage satellite electronics and disrupt communication signals.

- GPS and Navigation Systems: Geomagnetic disturbances can interfere with the accuracy of GPS and other navigation systems.

- Radio Communications: Storms can disrupt radio signals, affecting communication systems that rely on HF, VHF, and UHF bands.

Like I said certain buses trackers are glitched still from what happened over the weekend so be advised certain movements are correct so judge them at your own observation. 

And yes bus trackers glitch from time to time but do understand the why people are saying this was due to a solar flare/geometric storm. Things should be normal at this time. 

To clear up something else, most if not all 2023+ buses on the MTA Bus side are not able to be tracked rn. I doubt a solar storm is able to target 100+ buses of a specific model year. All other buses seem to track just fine.

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

1 minute ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

To clear up something else, most if not all 2023+ buses on the MTA Bus signs are not able to be tracked rn. I doubt a solar storm is able to target 100+ buses of a specific model year. All other buses seem to track just fine.

Yeah you right but this is a possible scenario that could happen so.

Whatever happens, after today things should be back to normal in terms of transfers.

end of discussion.