Bus "Guess The Location" Thread

Harry

This should be fairly easy if you know the general route of the S40 (Try process of elimination).

LOL @ the big clue..... it's definitely on the western portion of the route !

I remember passing that laundromat last time I took the 40 some mos. ago.....

GIJoe17 nailed it....

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yess this is when the game gets easy now...south ave and arlington

Yup. Same drill as before (I'll assume a pass, but if you decide you want to post one, we'll do your first). LOL. I guess I just like showing off my first busfanning pics.

LOL @ the big clue..... it's definitely on the western portion of the route !

I remember passing that laundromat last time I took the 40 some mos. ago.....

GIJoe17 nailed it....

Yeah, to me, the biggest hint would've been the stop signs. I think there's only 2 stops signs on the whole S40 route: One at South & Richmond Terrace (which it obviously can't be), and the second one at South & Arlington. Obviously, Richmond Terrace being the big, industrial street that it is wouldn't have any stop signs like that. (Or homes on both sides of the street for that matter)

Alright, next pic....

072612124429.jpg

Yup. Same drill as before (I'll assume a pass, but if you decide you want to post one, we'll do your first). LOL. I guess I just like showing off my first busfanning pics.

Yeah, to me, the biggest hint would've been the stop signs. I think there's only 2 stops signs on the whole S40 route: One at South & Richmond Terrace (which it obviously can't be), and the second one at South & Arlington. Obviously, Richmond Terrace being the big, industrial street that it is wouldn't have any stop signs like that. (Or homes on both sides of the street for that matter)

Alright, next pic....

072612124429.jpg

oohh yess!! is that morningstar rd by forest...my dad friend lives on the block right there...im used to the mcdonalds right there

oohh yess!! is that morningstar rd by forest...my dad friend lives on the block right there...im used to the mcdonalds right there

Yeah, I figured the McDonald's would give it away. I was thinking about giving one of the ones on the residential part of Morningstar Road, but I figured I'd make it easier on you guys (aside from that, you would've just had to figure out that it was between Walker & Forest, because I wouldn't really care about the precise cross-street)

This might be a little challenge:

072612121619.jpg

S44

(For this one, I'd prefer either the name of the school, or the exact cross street), though of course, I won't be anal about it.

Yeah, I figured the McDonald's would give it away. I was thinking about giving one of the ones on the residential part of Morningstar Road, but I figured I'd make it easier on you guys (aside from that, you would've just had to figure out that it was between Walker & Forest, because I wouldn't really care about the precise cross-street)

This might be a little challenge:

072612121619.jpg

S44

(For this one, I'd prefer either the name of the school, or the exact cross street), though of course, I won't be anal about it.

ohh i didnt even see u say school...that was my bros elementary school ps19 on post ave and i think....driprock??

ohh i didnt even see u say school...that was my bros elementary school ps19 on post ave and i think....driprock??

Yup. Maybe I should've said "Name the building", to make it a little harder.

Driprock is on the northern side of the street where I'm standing. Greenleaf runs alongside the school, and it's technically the right stop.

But yeah, the other two intersections are a little "greener" (more trees), especially Bard & Henderson.

This one's a pretty good shot. The only problem is that if you look closely enough at the bus stop, you can make out the intersection (so obviously don't do that). I obviously have no way of telling, so it'll just be an honor system. (I don't mind if you use Google Maps if you want to get down to the exact street, though it probably won't help much here because the Google pics are too old) I think those types of buildings in the background are only found at one place along the S40 route. I would be tempted to say they're residential buildings, but knowing the area, they're probably industrial buildings.

0803121329341.jpg

Archived