(M) Train Riders See Silver Lining

Sea Beach

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know (E) are only cleaned on the Jamaica Center end....mopped and pulled right back out and its a quick mop at that...I dont think both end are necessary and the (Q) and (N) dont get the amount bums the (E) gets....so I would think they could last longer without getting cleaned on both ends..plus CI is much better for layovers and such and congestion is a minimal issue....

The rest of the line is, so it could have been made like Main St (7).

I know that but if you notice from Astoria Blvd to Ditmars it goes from 3 tracks to two. The terminal should have been built to have 3 tracks.

Ah ok. The Astoria delays are kind of a recent phenomenon (last two months), one that the IRT probably didn't see at the time they built the structure. At least that's how I justify the lack of foresight.

They then need to turn them faster...meaning no layover time....pull in and pull right back out like the (E) at Jamaica Center during the rush...is that happening?

Damn I wonder why the TA didn't think of that! Turn them faster! Ugh, if only all of life's problems were this simple.

In all seriousness you have gone back and forth with everyone for the last four pages and you just don't want to quit. No one's gonna agree with you, not the least of which is the TA itself. You got an agenda take that shit somewhere else, but no Nassau St trains are getting extended to Brooklyn in the foreseeable future, nor should they. If there's another round of cuts, the (Z) will be gone entirely, it is what it is.

You don't know what you're talking about. Spend a few minutes at Ditmars during the rush and see for yourself, but open your eyes and look don't just let some two bit news agency tell you what to think.

And it's "skip stop" service not "skip a stop" if you're going to argue against something at least know what it's called.

Damn I wonder why the TA didn't think of that! Turn them faster! Ugh, if only all of life's problems were this simple.

In all seriousness you have gone back and forth with everyone for the last four pages and you just don't want to quit. No one's gonna agree with you, not the least of which is the TA itself. You got an agenda take that shit somewhere else, but no Nassau St trains are getting extended to Brooklyn in the foreseeable future, nor should they. If there's another round of cuts, the (Z) will be gone entirely, it is what it is.

You don't know what you're talking about. Spend a few minutes at Ditmars during the rush and see for yourself, but open your eyes and look don't just let some two bit news agency tell you what to think.

And it's "skip stop" service not "skip a stop" if you're going to argue against something at least know what it's called.

Seriously either add something useful to the conversation or shut the f**k up.....no one needs to hear your cynical and smart ass replies.....At least i have put forth an honest realistic debate and am not just some neanderthal with wishful think about what the MTA will and wont do....

That news agency was interview REAL People, they got if from the source the passengers themselves.

You and you're buddy LRG are a couple pricks....with your "I know everything" elitest bullshit.....GET OVERSELVES YOU NOT THE MTA....YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THEY WILL DO....

Seriously either add to the conversation or shut the f**k up.....no one needs to hear your cynical and smart ass replies.....At least i have put forth an honest realistic debate and am not just some neanderthal with wishful think about what the MTA will and wont do....

That news agency was interview REAL People, they got if from the source the passengers themselves.

You and you're buddy LRG are a couple pricks....with your "I know everything" elitest bullshit.....

That attitude isn't going to get you far in life...

Either you have something nice to say or SHUT UP!:mad::tdown:

That attitude isn't going to get you far in life...

Either you have something nice to say or SHUT UP!:mad::tdown:

Right like you buddies LRG and Subway Guy....calling people idiots and dumb...acting Superior and Belittling anyone with an opposing view will not get you far either. and I see alot of this from a select few on this board, talking to folks as if their beneath them....

Subway guy hasn't added one useful post to this thread...all he's done is sat here an Monday Morning Quarterbacked everyones posts and talked down to them likes he the MTA.....I mean come on you can disagree all day long....but trying to belittle someone because they dont see your POV is wrong and I will call it out everytime.

Right like you buddies LRG and Subway Guy....calling people idiots and dumb...acting Superior and Belittling anyone with an opposing view will not get you far either. and I see alot of this from a select few on this board, talking to folks as if their beneath them....

Not trying to be rude, but...look at the last 4 pages of this thread...it's you suggesting something, everyone else disproving it, you ignoring the arguments, repeat, repeat, repeat.:mad:

Not trying to be rude, but...look at the last 4 pages of this thread...it's you suggesting something, everyone else disproving it, you ignoring the arguments, repeat, repeat, repeat.:mad:

No I put up a vaild arguement...its called a debate.... what they have put forth I have debated with facts....I don't go on to call people dumb and idiots because they disagree with me....

Everyone wants to keep Skip-a-Stop service so ofcourse their going to oppose me, doesnt mean that Im wrong or dont have a vaild arguement...

and Not everyone disapproves just that the people that approve are not going to jump in this frey and be insaulted like LRG and Subwayguy are doing to any opposing views.

Seriously you guys need to check those superior my shit dont sink attitudes at the door

I've posted on the bus forums 100's of times and those guys are great we can all agree and disagree with each other and it dont come to bitterness you see here.

Ah ok. The Astoria delays are kind of a recent phenomenon (last two months), one that the IRT probably didn't see at the time they built the structure. At least that's how I justify the lack of foresight.

Yeah I try to look at it that way too. Sometimes it's just difficult when I see the same concept done right in one part of the system and done wrong on the other. But considering that, the system seems to be nothing short of a work of pure genius for the city it was built in. So many used and unused tunnels and tracks that pretty much go anywhere. It's like they prepared for some sort of expansion.

Guest lance25

It's not that people fear getting bashed by other members of the forum, it's that ideas like yours are outlandish and idiotic. Fourth Avenue doesn't need more service, it needs more frequent service.

By the way, it's skip-stop not skip-a-stop

It's not that people fear getting bashed by other members of the forum, it's that ideas like yours are outlandish and idiotic. Fourth Avenue doesn't need more service, it needs more frequent service.

By the way, it's skip-stop not skip-a-stop

and to think of increasing (R) service isn't outlandish when their currently isn't room for increase.....and I never said the said "4 AV needed another line" i said it needs more service, and for the MTA extending a line to help is more of a possiblity than adding extra trains where it doesnt fit for capacity....

It's only outlandish because you disagree with me on the method...but it is the rhelm of possiblity....

Skip-Stop whatever you know what mean....Its this what I'm talking about...do you feel bigger now, you corrected me on something so insignificant as using an "A" instead of "-"....I mean really?!?!?

Seriously you guys are a trip!

I can't wait to see what the MTA does....I will be right here, and will bring this thread right from the dead....These are the exact additudes that said the MTA WOULD NEVER GET RID OF (Mx) for the (Mx)/(V) combo...the same posters basically....Boy I wish i would have seen that one coming.

and to think of increasing (R) service isn't outlandish when their currently isn't room....

It's only outlandish because you disagree with me...but it is the rhelm of possiblity....

Do you seriously ignore ALL our propositions for making more (R) service without issues?

1. Cutting a few more (Q)s to 57 St.

2. Short-turning at City Hall

And still, you insist that there is no room.:confused:

Seriously either add something useful to the conversation or shut the f**k up.....no one needs to hear your cynical and smart ass replies.....At least i have put forth an honest realistic debate and am not just some neanderthal with wishful think about what the MTA will and wont do....

You and you're buddy LRG are a couple pricks....with your "I know everything" elitest bullshit.....GET OVERSELVES YOU NOT THE MTA....YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THEY WILL DO....

Hahahahaha. First of all, f**kstick, I don't even know LRG. He's someone who posts on these boards and that's it to me. However he is right about a lot of things in this thread. And in case you didn't know, it's not just me and him saying it. In fact, I'd say right about now it pretty much looks like you vs. the world in here.

You don't seem to get that the news media wants to run a story they will FIND people that agree with their view to get it. Or do you always just blindly repeat all the stupid shit you hear on TV without thinking? Actually, I'm betting you do. How do you know those people are everyday "R" riders? You don't. They're on a f**king television screen. Or do you really believe the guy selling you Ortho Weed-B-Gone actually swears by the product and uses it every day on his lawn, and isn't a paid actor?

Your debate isn't shit. It's rooted in nothing except your own opinions. I'll tell you what. I will bet you $50 right now that the (Z) never sees 4th avenue in the next 10 years on a regular service pattern. Put your money where your mouth is boy but I'm betting 10 years from now you're nowhere to be found.

And I know LOTS of people who work for MTA in different departments and I know what they tell me, and I deal with a lot of different people which apparently you don't. I don't even call myself a "train buff" because of people like you who make those two words a disgrace. There are REASONS things are the way they are, and there a lot of people who are SMARTER THAN YOU who look at actual ridership statistics and patterns from actual stations, and real data instead of bullshit on NY1, and use this information to make some pretty damn good decisions. In fact, ops planning is one of the most well run departments in transit yet every buff that comes on here has ideas that will cost millions of dollars and provide a marginal benefit but some stupid railfan easter egg like the opportunity to see a rare rollsign or an R160's automated announcement on some new line and think that everyone should agree with it.

That's f**king stupid.

And news flash, a**hole, when you come after me, it undermines your credibility. Ask anyone here and they'll tell you I'm VERY reasonable about the stuff I post. If you call ME out you're just going to look stupid. And I think the fact that a lot of people on here are all saying the same thing proves it's YOU that needs to "get over it" not everyone else.

And you're not the MTA either, you don't know a damn thing about what they're going to do (clearly), so it's high time you zipped it up too.

You think I'm posting opinions? I'm posting facts. There are REASONS things are done the way they are, and you think I'm stating opinions. You don't want to listen boy no one's gonna make you, but you start running your mouth and calling people names and they're going to tell you what a little shit you are and rightly so. Just because your mother is willing to put up with that mouth doesn't mean we have to.

Hahahahaha. First of all, f**kstick, I don't even know LRG. He's someone who posts on these boards and that's it to me. However he is right about a lot of things in this thread. And in case you didn't know, it's not just me and him saying it. In fact, I'd say right about now it pretty much looks like you vs. the world in here.

You don't seem to get that the news media wants to run a story they will FIND people that agree with their view to get it. Or do you always just blindly repeat all the stupid shit you hear on TV without thinking? Actually, I'm betting you do. How do you know those people are everyday "R" riders? You don't. They're on a f**king television screen. Or do you really believe the guy selling you Ortho Weed-B-Gone actually swears by the product and uses it every day on his lawn, and isn't a paid actor?

Your debate isn't shit. It's rooted in nothing except your own opinions. I'll tell you what. I will bet you $50 right now that the (Z) never sees 4th avenue in the next 10 years on a regular service pattern. Put your money where your mouth is boy but I'm betting 10 years from now you're nowhere to be found.

And I know LOTS of people who work for MTA in different departments and I know what they tell me, and I deal with a lot of different people which apparently you don't. I don't even call myself a "train buff" because of people like you who make those two words a disgrace. There are REASONS things are the way they are, and there a lot of people who are SMARTER THAN YOU who look at actual ridership statistics and patterns from actual stations, and real data instead of bullshit on NY1, and use this information to make some pretty damn good decisions. In fact, ops planning is one of the most well run departments in transit yet every buff that comes on here has ideas that will cost millions of dollars and provide a marginal benefit but some stupid railfan easter egg like the opportunity to see a rare rollsign or an R160's automated announcement on some new line and think that everyone should agree with it.

That's f**king stupid.

And news flash, a**hole, when you come after me, it undermines your credibility. Ask anyone here and they'll tell you I'm VERY reasonable about the stuff I post. If you call ME out you're just going to look stupid. And I think the fact that a lot of people on here are all saying the same thing proves it's YOU that needs to "get over it" not everyone else.

And you're not the MTA either, you don't know a damn thing about what they're going to do (clearly), so it's high time you zipped it up too.

I agree with the majority of stuff said here.

However, how much did all that cursing add to the post?:mad:

Read posts 33, 48, 63, 72, 76, 131, 140, and 159 in this thread. Then tell me you're acting so ideal and not calling people names when they respond from FIRST-HAND experience!

I admit I was drawn in to retaliation by LRG, who set this whole thing in motion with his "Dumbest Line Ever" comment...That is belittling and condensending...

Then he comes up with Special (J) suggestion of runnign Skip Stop and Local all on the Local tracks, and I'm the dumb one here.....If you ask me LRG should not be the first one to throw stones.

IDK about you, but to be honest, it just makes you look bad.:tdown:

Eh, if I cared what people I've never met thought of me, maybe that would matter. I'd rather be thought of as knowledgeable than nice. My real life friends know the real me, and that's good enough. Plus some people need a swift kick in the ass to learn. Sometimes vinegar works better than honey.

Do you seriously ignore ALL our propositions for making more (R) service without issues?

1. Cutting a few more (Q)s to 57 St.

2. Short-turning at City Hall

And still, you insist that there is no room.:confused:

Short turning at city hall came much later in the coverstation, and you see I was agreeing with you....its the only option of the MTA adding (R) service without messing with other lines.

as for 2 while it might be viable, I just dont see the MTA sacificing other lines to squeeze in more ®'s not espcially the neighborhoods the (N) and (Q) serve are concerned...

Even if you dont want it to happen, you have to admit adding Nassau back to 4 AV is in the rhelm of possiblities with the MTA.....Its not like building a brand new track or anything, the infrastructure is there, the capacity is there, the need is there...Skip Stop is not immuned from being cut...

Archived