(M) Train Riders See Silver Lining

Sea Beach

And how would that help customers, Calvin? The (J)/(Z) skip-stop during the rush hours is quite necessary eliminate overcrowding. Plus, South Brooklyn, especially along the West End, really doesn't need that much service. All that's needed is more (R) service along Fourth Avenue. (And before anyone says something, I know that's not happening anytime soon due to the budget crisis.)

What about running the Z as a local from Broadway Junction to Broad Street and the J as follows in the peak direction: All stops between Jamaica Center and Broadway Junction---then Myrtle, Marcy, Essex, Canal, Chambers, Fulton, and Broad? Even better: short-turn select J trains at 111 Street during the rush under this pattern (displaced C/Rs would act to fumigate trains) to provide extra capacity?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yea i kno we really shouldn't be messin around with the (J)/(Z) routings but umm i was thinking making the (J) run express peak direction from Bway Junction to Marcy Av. and have the (Z) run between Bway Junction and Bay Pkwy as a local...

the (J) still can still teminate at Broad St. (rush hours) and/or Chambers St. (all other times)

This way everyones happy:

residents on the Broadway/Jamaica El still have an express service and could save time...

4th Av/West End residents have an extra service to accompany the ®/(D)...

the (Z) will allow for service to Broad St. at all times and can make the (J) shorter during non-rush hours...

and the (M) can stay the same...

Possibly have the (J) skip Bowery (idk during wat times tho...)

In the AM's, you could probably keep the (Z) the way it is, but extend it to Brooklyn to provide for those going to the Metrotech area, and lay up in CIYD like the old (Mx). Then you would have a separate service under the same banner serving as the banker's special, which woudld then continue to ENY.

Problem is, the reverse in the PM. The skip-stop service would not depend on those trains coming from CIYD, which would be subject to delays.

You might have to stage them (there are only six trains) along the Nassau line instead.

The skip-stop is designed to have the same beginning and endpoints, as extending one or the other will create bunching (when delays occur) and disable the idea. The (Z) even tho its a rush hour only service can't be extended without shutting down the skip-stop. Those specials out of Chambers seems more plausible, but they can't use the letters (J)(Z)(Mx) or <R>. A brown rush hour (W) might be used though, as the (W) used to go down the West End years ago. Yes that would bury the (W) for Astoria service, but modified (Q)(N) service when done correctly can suffice.

The skip-stop is designed to have the same beginning and endpoints, as extending one or the other will create bunching (when delays occur) and disable the idea. The (Z) even tho its a rush hour only service can't be extended without shutting down the skip-stop. Those specials out of Chambers seems more plausible, but they can't use the letters (J)(Z)(Mx) or <R>. A brown rush hour (W) might be used though, as the (W) used to go down the West End years ago. Yes that would bury the (W) for Astoria service, but modified (Q)(N) service when done correctly can suffice.

(W) has to go back to Astoria when (Q) goes to 96th Street in 2016

Im sorry but F*** the Skip-A-Stop its a bunch of BS anyway and maybe save 2 mins at most, because the (J)/(Z) is always delayed for some other reason down the line...

Here's what you do...Make the (J) local from Jamaica to Broad...ALL TIMES

The (Z) is peak-direction express from BJ to Marcy. Make it have timed pullin's and outs with the (J) at BJ..so the (J) dumps out at BJ for the (Z).....and the (Z)s run peak to either Bay Parkway or 95th take your pick as long as it helps the (R) on 4th....

More people will benifit with (Z) running peak-direction express than they do with that Skip-Stop BS that no one is buying saves anytime. the (Z) is only needed 6am - 10am and 3pm-8pm leaving Manhattan in both directions.

Im sorry but F*** the Skip-A-Stop its a bunch of BS anyway and maybe save 2 mins at most, because the (J)/(Z) is always delayed for some other reason down the line...

Ha ha ha, dumbest statement ever.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Sorry but the (M) Pwns the (V) in all ways #1

okay , HELL NO

The (M) is not better than the (V) for the Number 1 reason

When the (R) looses a train, there is no back up

when the (V) was around there was back up

if the (F) messes up, The (V) backed it up, something the (M) can't do

If the (E) messes up, The (V) backed it up by going to jamaica ctr, The (M) can't handle the (E) passengers

The (M) is a silly idea, if it went to 145 or 168th st in manhattan, then that would have been way better.

As for the (J)/(Z) ideas, They F*&^*king suck

as for the (Mx) coming back, yeah we need it back

as for the (R), It does need help

as for 2nd ave, STFU and wait and see

as for the FACT, I see the (W) coming back for Rush Hours, the (Q) to astoria is not working as well as people think, to much train traffic in the 60th st tubes.

What about running the Z as a local from Broadway Junction to Broad Street and the J as follows in the peak direction: All stops between Jamaica Center and Broadway Junction---then Myrtle, Marcy, Essex, Canal, Chambers, Fulton, and Broad? Even better: short-turn select J trains at 111 Street during the rush under this pattern (displaced C/Rs would act to fumigate trains) to provide extra capacity?

you missed Bowery :)

okay , HELL NO

The (M) is a silly idea, if it went to 145 or 168th st in manhattan, then that would have been way better.

as for the FACT, I see the (W) coming back for Rush Hours, the (Q) to astoria is not working as well as people think, to much train traffic in the 60th st tubes.

As I've said before, Broadway is a madhouse without the (W). It makes me kind of scared for when(if) the (Q) hits the SAS

As for the (M), there's no reason to send it to 168 since the people of Washington Heights - Upper West Side generally don't have a reason to go to Courthouse Square - Jamaica/Long Island City/All points in between, and vice versa. And the (M) is a good idea since it provides the service that's actually needed. Yea, the (E)(R)(F) passengers are screwed if something screws up, but so are the (4)(5)(6) if something screws up going to the bronx, or the (L) or (7)(G), the (T) many (S), the point is they'll live.

Here's what you do...Make the (J) local from Jamaica to Broad...ALL TIMES

The (Z) is peak-direction express from BJ to Marcy. Make it have timed pullin's and outs with the (J) at BJ..so the (J) dumps out at BJ for the (Z).....and the (Z)s run peak to either Bay Parkway or 95th take your pick as long as it helps the (R) on 4th....

More people will benifit with (Z) running peak-direction express than they do with that Skip-Stop BS that no one is buying saves anytime. the (Z) is only needed 6am - 10am and 3pm-8pm leaving Manhattan in both directions.

Couldnt strongly agree more. The (J)(Z) skip stop totally confuses people as it is the only combo to do so currently. Theoretically speaking, it possibly cuts you travel time by barely half because it only stops at half the stops. But an express between Broadway Junction and Marcy I always thought about. I think the reason why skip stop was used instead of this is because there are too many many stops one after another in short distances between Broadway Junction and Jamaica Center for a local and also between Broadway Junction and Marcy is too great a distance for a local train...

I think (J) should EXP and (Z) local if so since it comes out of Jamaica Center and all the continous local stops there. People heading to Lower Manhattan have a one seat ride and those with shorter commutes just transfer to a local (Z)

okay , HELL NO

The (M) is not better than the (V) for the Number 1 reason

When the (R) looses a train, there is no back up

when the (V) was around there was back up

if the (F) messes up, The (V) backed it up, something the (M) can't do

If the (E) messes up, The (V) backed it up by going to jamaica ctr, The (M) can't handle the (E) passengers

Does that really matter whether (Q) or (W) runs to Astoria since both are equal length trains anyways? Getting back a (W) just clogs up Broadway. When the WTC is completed along with the Fulton Street Transit Center and the redevelopment of Lower Manhattan, we could possibly see (Q) run with the (R) starting down City Hall and then into Bklyn via Montague tunnel.

You guys are seriously wasting your keystrokes...the (J)/(Z) skip-stop DOES work. None of you probably don't know how long and sluggish the commute is for Jamaica residents is without skip-stop.

okay , HELL NO

The M is not better than the V for the Number 1 reason

When the R looses a train, there is no back up

when the V was around there was back up

if the F messes up, The V backed it up, something the (M) can't do

^ Thats more than one reason :)

The (R) always lost a train during the weekend, the frequency of (M) trains to (R) trains along the QBL is almost the same as the (R) to (V), except now, with all the lines suffering a schedule pushback, there is a little gap between trains, but nonetheless, neither line gets crush loaded during rush hours. The (R) doesnt get that bad compared to the (E) & (F) during rush hours, most of the people get off between Elmhurst & 67th Avenue.

When it came to which line got the worst crowding along the local, it was the (V) and what is now the (M). The (R) never really got it as bad as the (V)/(M) did/does. With the loss of the (V) and the start of the (M), there has been extra trains on the (F), which I do approve of.

When the F did get f**ked up a few weeks back because of an investigation at 42nd Street, it was the B, D & M picking up along the F line. The M did handle those F crowds nicely.

What they have to establish with the (Q) & (N) is have trains short turn at 57th Street instead of only one line.

Its like a 1 and 1/2 hour ride local from Jamaica Center to Broad St. Many stops in between Jamiaca Center and Crescent St to Broadway Junction one right after another. On the map, visually seen by the eye thats its the strip with the most stops one after another barely even apart. I would know, I ride (J) pretty much everyday from Jamaica to Manhattan.

Its like a 1 and 1/2 hour ride local from Jamaica Center to Broad St. Many stops in between Jamiaca Center and Crescent St to Broadway Junction one right after another. On the map, visually seen by the eye thats its the strip with the most stops one after another barely even apart. I would know, I ride (J) pretty much everyday from Jamaica to Manhattan.

The ride is approximately 50 minutes, and that's when the (J) is all local.

umm hello if the (J) is local between Jamaica Center and Broadway Junction then it would run EXPRESS between Broadway Junction and Marcy to save the time lost (if any i doubt it lol)...

and then the (Z) would act as the local from Broadway Junction to Marcy for the local stops the (J) now skips and it would run to Bklyn to run the former (Mx) line also...

i used to take the (J) train to skool everyday and it is long so i kno wat its lyke...:)

Does anyone agree with mii lol?

umm hello if the (J) is local between Jamaica Center and Broadway Junction then it would run EXPRESS between Broadway Junction and Marcy to save the time lost (if any i doubt it lol)...

and then the (Z) would act as the local from Broadway Junction to Marcy for the local stops the (J) now skips and it would run to Bklyn to run the former (Mx) line also...

i used to take the (J) train to skool everyday and it is long so i kno wat its lyke...:)

Does anyone agree with mii lol?

That won't work. The (J)'s frequency would have to be increased to 10 TPH so Jamaica residents won't have to wait so long for sluggish service...and the service would still be sluggish even after the (J) goes express after Broadway Junction.

Ha ha ha, dumbest statement ever.

NOOOOOOO THIS ^^^^^ IS THE DUMBEST STATEMENT EVER....Get with the times...Skip-A-Stop save NO TIME its pointless when you're held up at red lights for 3-4 mins in Train Traffic from BJ to Essex....and it happens to the (J)/(Z) ALOT!

"LADIES AND GENTELMENT WE'RE ARE BEING DELAYED DUE TO TRAIN TRAFFIC AHEAD, PLEASE BE PAITENT AND THANK YOU FOR RIDING WITH THE M-T-F'ing-A"..........UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are seriously wasting your keystrokes...the (J)/(Z) skip-stop DOES work. None of you probably don't know how long and sluggish the commute is for Jamaica residents is without skip-stop.

Oh yes because first and foremost is Jamaica Resident come above all others on the (J)/(Z) when most Jamaica are expressoholics for the (E) and (F)

most Jamaica residence take the (E) or transfer at BJ for the (A)(C)(L)...NO ONE and I mean no one takes the (J)/(Z) into Manhattan from Jamaica... NO ONE - Not a significant portion anyway....

(W) has to go back to Astoria when (Q) goes to 96th Street in 2016

Or another idea as the (MTA) changes subway routings every few years like we change underwear:cool:. The idea is to run the (W) between 96nd/2nd when SAS opens as well and run it down to Whitehall(all times)and extended weekdays to Bay Parkway.

Archived