Andres_Nunez_20111112_0001.jpg

Worker Utility Platform

Andres_Nunez_20111112_0006.jpg

More Pics Soon!!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Gentlemen,

As you know, I have been hard at work the last few months with NYCTA content, as you have seen my subway stations and official signals package released, along with the continued development of the Brighton assets, EL stations, etc. It's been a very busy time for me! Anyway, after speaking with my fellow developer BStyles on this matter, I have a major announcement to make regarding the future development of my NYCTA route.

First and foremost, I have certain documents that will now help me create the entire NYCTA system very prototypically, right down to where the signals are placed. Doing this for the entire system is going to be a challenge, but one I welcome. Also, it will make the full system take longer to complete...

...which is why I am announcing that while I am working on the full system route, I will ALSO be developing singular routes for release just like BVE does. I am doing this because A) It will be a fun, new way to develop, and ;) I think it's unfair to release all this content and have you wait on the full route. To be quite honest with everyone, I suspect a year or longer to get the whole system completed trackwise/signal-wise--that isn't counting time for scenery and the like.

So, beginning now, I will release one singular NYCTA route at a time until all the routes are finished, even if the full system is done. It'll be a cool little development race for me to see which one is finished first, the 24 lines, or the full system. Anyone wanna make some predictions? :P

Queens, Brooklyn and Manhattan got a significant amount of love from my first route attempt, so to appease all my Bronxites out there--the first route I will release is the (5) route, from 241 St & Dyre down to Flatbush Av; 241/Wakefield is included because it's not THAT much of an extra effort to include one more station north of Nereid. Plus, this is the first route (and only one iirc) that will include three different yards in a single route: 239 St, E 180 St, and Unionport.

Unlike in BVE, you have a choice of which tracks to take, but they really won't take you anywhere if you're trying to go somewhere that isn't part of the said route. For example, at 149 St/Grand Concourse, the (5) takes a diverging route, going up and over the (2) tracks in a sharp curve to connect to the Lexington line. If you want to go straight along the Lenox line tracks--you'll eventually just meet a bumper. Same is true for the South Ferry Loops, the Clark St connections (Boro Hall), and the Rogers Junction to the New Lots line. Also at 125 St, the portals to the Pelham line will end in bumper blocks. However, I will have the two layups south of Brooklyn Bridge, and the City Hall loop included.

The future picture updates from me will be either from the (5) route or new content I plan on releasing.

I will be taking requests on what routes to do in the future, when the time comes, so please don't throw suggestions at me right now.

There will be some updates to my content that I'll release in a few days--mostly fixes/additions to the Custom Station Pack, and some updates to the Subway Stations package [better textures and more efficient 6T stations].

All the best,

-A :cool:

From above:

"The first route I will release is the (5) route, from 241 St & Dyre down to Flatbush Av"

Not to sound rude, but ya peeps gotta read through the posts carefully before asking questions.

Yes i understand sorry to sound redundant and annoying but what i'm trying to say is will you make both branches? the one from Dyre and the one from 241st-Wakefield from 180th to their respective Home Terminals?

I started the route this morning and have gotten from Dyre Av to Pelham Pkwy. The diagrams have really helped with signal and junction and station spacing (signalling isn't hard since the Dyre line has relatively few). Below are the screenshots and a new way to do the progress map. Rather than doing a full NYCTA map, I've decided to do a strip map. Every time a station is completed, a golden bubble will appear there until the full route is complete. It should also give some answers to exactly what I'll be building.

Dyre Av Tailtracks:

acelejalde_20111114_0007.jpg

acelejalde_20111114_0006.jpg

Crossovers before Dyre & 4 Track layout:

acelejalde_20111114_0005.jpg

acelejalde_20111114_0004.jpg

Baychester Av looking north:

acelejalde_20111114_0003.jpg

Pelham Pkwy:

acelejalde_20111114_0002.jpg

acelejalde_20111114_0001.jpg

acelejalde_20111114_0000.jpg

And finally, the new way of detailing my progress:

5Progress11-14.jpg

Enjoy!

Edited by Green Eggs n' Pelham

Guest lance25
Yes i understand sorry to sound redundant and annoying but what i'm trying to say is will you make both branches? the one from Dyre and the one from 241st-Wakefield from 180th to their respective Home Terminals?

I'll take this one GE&P.

Yes, it will be both branches: 241 St-Wakefield or Dyre Av with both heading to Flatbush Av. Basically, it's both the normal route and the rush hour extension with the latter extended to 241 St because it's right there.

Nice work there Green Eggs. You know, after seeing all this progress in terms of visual appeal, I just might have to get back into Trainz.

Thanks for the kind words Lance. I realized last night while thumbing through my diagrams that in 1976, Unionport Yard didn't exist--but I have "Tracks of the New York Subway", 2010 edition by Peter Dougherty, so I think I'll be okay.

Also guys, since the homeball numbers are going to be based on the '76 diagrams, they will be different than what we have today. Mostly on the IRT, since 95% of the A-Division has been updated to B-Division signals and numbers (X-318, instead of X-6B, etc). I know it isn't a big deal, but thought I'd clue you guys in.

Also, if any of you have the 2011 version of Peter Dougherty's book, would you mind posting a picture/scan of the page that details the new E 180 St layout? I know they took out some double-slip switches and re-arranged things there, and the 2010 version still has the old configuration.

I'm working on the line tonight down to Grand Concourse, so pics will be up tomorrow!

Amazing work, guys. I hope to see the Dyre and White Plains line complete one day. :tup:

See what happens when you ask nicely, and only once, and do not hound me and foam? I listen! :tup::tup:B)

Instead of going down to 149 St/GC like I originally intended, I decided to do the WPR instead, which is: a) easier trackwise, and B) allows me to do 239 St Yard, getting that giant monster out of the way. Below are some shots from E 180 to 241 St.

E 180 Yard Exit (looking north)

E180Yardexit.jpg

E 180 Yard Entrance (looking south)

E180YardEntrance.jpg

Unionport Yard

UnionportYard.jpg

Bronx Park East (Dyre on the left)

BronxParkE.jpg

Gun Hill Rd (looking south)

GunHillRdsb.jpg

Nereid Av (yard leads and flyover)

NereidAv.jpg

239 St Yard Leads

239StYardLeads.jpg

241 St & Interlocking

241StEnd.jpg

241StInterlockingN.jpg

Overall Progress:

5Progress11-17AM.jpg

Now the next step is to lay signals and signs, and complete the two unfinished yards. Those updates will soon follow!

Enjoy!

Late Afternoon Update: All signals, signs, and speed limits have been laid on the entire route built so far, including the E 180 St interlocking. E 180 St & 239 St Yard leads constructed, but not the yards proper. Tonight's menu consists of finishing both yards and trying to get down to 149 St/GC.

Edited by Green Eggs n' Pelham
LATE AFTERNOON UPDATE!

Great work Green Eggs! I have moved to the Northcountry in New York over the Summer and I haven't been active.I'm waiting for my extra RAM to come in the mail then hopefully Tues or Wednesday I'll be downloading the wonderful content and start on the (N)(Q) from Astoria work will be rapid from Astoria to 14th St and if anyone volunteers to do the Manhattan Bridge section btwn Canal and Atlantic it would be appreciated if not there'll be a via Whitehall south of Prince and I'll possibly add (R) or (W) service from Whitehall to Bay Ridge for local service along 4th Av.

So, guys....obviously I couldn't stay away from building this route! It's actually been extremely fun tackling this challenging route. I used rulers and traced the entire winding route from E 180 St down Southern Blvd & Westchester Av to 149 St/Grand Concourse. Only stations are laid between 3 Av/149 & E 180. I completed the trackwork from 3 Av to Grand Concourse and completed both levels, and the connection between the (2)(5) and the (4). And yes---the (2) does end in bumper blocks one full train length before the switches. Here are some pics to appease you guys this Sunday!

Lower Level "storage" tracks. Redbird (2) and R62-A "Special" train, which is actually a re-routed (3) to E 180 St.

149St-GCLL1.jpg

149St-GCLL2.jpg

Upper Level connections and R62-A (4) trains.

149St-GCUL1.jpg

149St-GCUL2.jpg

Enjoy!

Why yes, doors can be opened at stations that do not have invisible stations as evidenced below:

OpenDoors.jpg

This is at Dyre Avenue.

Thanks to my buddy Angel for showing me this (and the subsequent rule)--I am still trying to solve the problem of no passengers at my stations (as they're splines)....but hey---(!)--now you can open doors at them, so it's a small victory for me, but a victory nonetheless!

Here's the rule, and once installed, you'll had to add it to the list of driver commands while editing your session rules. There's no wait time for it, as I found out the dangerous anti-MTA way when I had a communication issue with my C/R who opened the doors while in a tunnel. Suffice it to say, he's toast.

Passenger Door Control

Enjoy!

Nice work green egg's love the way the yards look like!!!!

Special Note

For those that have been wondering i will release the freelanced version of Nereid yard i showed a few post back. i just have to add the 3rd rail and make sure all the curves are not to sharp or wide. Also since it is a freelanced version you can use it for any type of division A division 50 foot cars (1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)

B Division 60/75 Foot Cars (A)(B)(C)(D)(E)(F)(G)(J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(R)(S)(V)(W)(Z)

i will upload the yards to a file hosting site within the coming days

Well, until Auran decides to make a way for invisible stations to be fitted into splines, this is as close as we're going to get for my stations having passenger capabilities unless a major breakthrough from studying the config files occurs to me or BStyles.

The invisible stations!! Takes less than 30 sec just line up the AJS invisible with the track u can adjust the people(shape,amount) and height/length so ALL doors will open when the train enters.It's easy.

Perfect examples of Invisible stations in routes with either spline stations or just obj stations.

Trainz Subway NYCT-H line(fictional) - YouTube