Is there any railroad crossing during road test ?

admiter

hi

i'm goin for the road test next month but i have some questions ..

can anybody please tell me step by step road test ? I mean

what happens when we go to the road test site and our turn comes and

instructor comes to me ?

what do i have to do ?

i mean whats first sitting in the bus with the instructor ?

brake tests ? walk around inspection and in cab inspection then

going on the road ?

please tell me step by step .

regards.

hi

is there any railroad crossing during the road test on redhook ?

if yes what do we supposed to do there ?

regards.

No Sir, no RR crossings in Red Hook. I hope you get the DMV examiner who walks with a limp, really nice guy. I took it there about 2 years ago.

To be honest with you each DMV examiner will conduct the road test differently. He made me do all of the air brake tests, inspect just the front of the bus on the outside and everything on the inside of the bus, like making sure the roof hatches were secure, emergency exit doors closed.

We did go on the BQE eastbound and got off at the next exit and drove back to the road test area on the service road of the BQE. It took about 20 minutes tops. After awhile he told me ok you don't have to call out anymore overhead clearances, really laid back guy, didn't sit next to me in the front but behind me on the first row, so it was like I was driving by myself and a voice behind me was talking to me telling me what to do next.

You will hit traffic during your road test no matter if it's in the AM or PM and you will have to pass the red hook houses,:eek:

Your driving instructor should have gone over this with you, but it's ok to ask in here. One thing that I can remember is that the passing rate in Red Hook is very high, Maspeth is the opposite. Good luck! Let us know how you did.

yes maspeth is hell!there are rail road crossing there the instructors are a**holes!!!!ive had my class a for 2years just went for my class b with hopes of getting call for mapstoa!!!(1 day hopefully)iam a good driver!!!the examiner i had in maspeth tried eveything in hispowers to fail me!!!i lot of people fail in maspeth

hi

i'm goin for the road test next month but i have some questions ..

can anybody please tell me step by step road test ? I mean

what happens when we go to the road test site and our turn comes and

instructor comes to me ?

what do i have to do ?

i mean whats first sitting in the bus with the instructor ?

brake tests ? walk around inspection and in cab inspection then

going on the road ?

please tell me step by step .

regards.

1, All the information is in your commercial vehicle study book

2, If you went thru a school then your instructor would have gone over this with you.

yes maspeth is hell!there are rail road crossing there the instructors are a**holes!!!!ive had my class a for 2years just went for my class b with hopes of getting call for mapstoa!!!(1 day hopefully)iam a good driver!!!the examiner i had in maspeth tried eveything in hispowers to fail me!!!i lot of people fail in maspeth

Sounds like the same guy that I had, dude with a mullet and sunglasses with a really nasty disposition. I think they call him the terminator.

I was advised to take it in Red Hook, but I was like nah I want to take it closer to home, bad decision. :P I was nervous but no matter what I wasn't going to pass that day. 2nd time around is always better then the 1st time as the song goes.

There is a make belief rail road crossing at Red Hook area, Cop will tell you, rail road at such and such corner or a sign.

Your instructor was suppose to show you where it is as well as walk you through everything for the road test.

( it usually is after the parking / back up area )

thank you so much guyz for your help.

i know my instructor is supposed to tell me each and everything but to my bad he does'nt know too much. I choose that school coz they were charging very very less than others but now i understand why they are charging too low.

i hope you guyz don't mind if ask something i'm not clear about.

regards.

thank you so much guyz for your help.

i know my instructor is supposed to tell me each and everything but to my bad he does'nt know too much. I choose that school coz they were charging very very less than others but now i understand why they are charging too low.

i hope you guyz don't mind if ask something i'm not clear about.

regards.

Not a problem, I did the same thing before I took my road test 2 years ago and people on here gave me good solid advice as well as answered all of my questions.

I had one instructor who was a clock watcher, also he would be checking his voice mail frequently and he would go inside a store to buy his newspaper and coffee, he was getting paid by the hour obviously. Some care and some just go through the motions. The thing is I had 3 different instructors during my few weeks of driving lessons and all 3 of them taught in a different way.

exactly that's the point, some instructors are good some are just clock watchers :)

i guess i got the clock watcher :o

Yeah, I had one lesson canceled because the instructor was "sick", so after I failed the road test the 1st time I waited a couple of weeks to clear my mind, I walked into the driving school office in Ridgewood. The receptionist was on the phone, I was still a little bit worked up and stressed out, was having crazy thoughts such as throwing stuff around the office, overturning desks, lol, the 104th police precinct is just 2 blocks away so I would have been arrested in record time if I would have done such a thing, lol, so as soon as she gets off the phone she says to me we owe you a missed lesson, is 11:00am ok for you for next Tuesday?

I didn't mind paying for the lessons even though I probably qualified for Red Hook on the road because my income is low and would have met their guidelines. People told me afterwards that I would have gotten the MTA to train me for free to take the DMV road test instead of paying around $900.00 for a driving school. But for me it's just one less thing to worry about.

Qualifying for the MTA(7-10 days) is going to be a lot harder then the DMV road test. You have to learn how to drive their way, they actually prefer people with just their CDL permits because they haven't developed any "bad habits" if you know what I mean. Also you are going to have 3 other students with you on the bus, so you have to make the most out of your practice driving time(1-2hrs a day).

When I did my road test I had a cool laid back guy. When I got on he said "look I really hate my job as long as you do the proper backing up...turning and safty check youll pass". I didnt go through NJT witch I coulda done for free. A friend of mine has his own D4500 I used for the road test. When I got into NJT i was already comfortable driving as I would use my friend bus daily after the road test. When I applied for Community Coach, they said I should have came to them with the premit. Them guys only get paid 10.65/hr.

• 4 weeks later...

Make Believe Railroad Crossing? Like a mock up? Do they deduct points if you don't come to a full stop before it?

There is a make belief rail road crossing at Red Hook area, Cop will tell you, rail road at such and such corner or a sign.

Your instructor was suppose to show you where it is as well as walk you through everything for the road test.

( it usually is after the parking / back up area )

Archived