Missed a Train? Cheer Up: The Next One Will Come Sooner Now

Trainspotter

Missed a Train? Cheer Up: The Next One Will Come Sooner Now

WITH gas prices soaring and the debate intensifying over ways to reduce automobile congestion on the streets of Manhattan, Metro-North Railroad’s announcement that it will add 67 trains a week in and out of Grand Central Terminal is welcome news, commuter advocates say.

“Finally, the word seems to be spreading that the train is a better way to get into the city, rather than paying all that money for tolls and gas and parking,” said James F. Blair, a member of the Metro-North Railroad Commuter Council, created by the State Legislature in the early 1980s to represent riders.

Full story: nytimes_logo.gif icon_offsite.png - April 7, 2008

Ok... wheres metro north going to get the equipment to cover this service?

@metsfan The new york penn station tunnels cannot fit in anymore trains. Those tunnels are already used to the max esp during rush hours so that cant happen. Unless they send some NJ transit trains to 33rd street on path and WTC using the path tubes LOL j/k

• 4 weeks later...
If only they could do the same for NJ transit. I'm going to upload a video of a train i was on 2 weeks ago after i get some sleep. It's... yea...:eek:.

- Andy

Don't worry, its coming once THE is finished.

Now, NJT should add more trains on the weekends, especially on the NEC. Its definately much needed.

Don't worry, its coming once THE is finished.

Now, NJT should add more trains on the weekends, especially on the NEC. Its definately much needed.

Here it is.... The YOU CANT SIT DOWN FOR 30 MINUTES express. :cool:

- Andy

Headways on the Metro-North New Haven Line in the northbound direction are far below adequate, especially in the late afternoon. I've used it plenty of times to go from the Bronx (Fordham Road) to Mount Vernon or New Rochelle, and every time, I have to wait at least half an hour, if not more. They only run at 3:27, 3:49, 4:43, 5:09, 5:52, 7:02 and 7:27. That's just seven trains in four hours. It's unbelievable.

Any increase in headways will be very much appreciated.

Archived