Taking the test in Maspeth on Tuesday November 23rd.

Steling

$200?? no way. I think in a week or so you go back to the dmv and pay either 5 to 10 bucks. and they give you your paper license and wait about 2 weeks in the mail for your photo, and thats it your good to go. congrats. btw did you take the test in a white school bus from sharkeys d

riving school? I seen somone on the l.i.e taking there test on tues.[/quote Thank you Dan,No I took my road test today and it was in a rust colored bus totally cool driving school.The instructor is a great guy.It's a small school with 1 bus.But it's a very good school.I barely passed with 50 points.

congrats my brother!!!!!welcome to the world of commercial driving!!!!

Thank you Tim and Locomotion.May God blessings be with all you guys for your encouraging feedback on this post.May you all have a very good CHRISTMOST and a happy new year.I Love you guys.:P

Pass is pass, that is all that matters.

Dan, what I think he means about amend is when his regular drivers license expires and he has to renew it. His CDL will expire when his regular drivers license does.

It's good for 8 years, I renewed my license last April and yeah it was around $200.00, don't really remember it, but I did post about it on here.

Pass is pass, that is all that matters.

Dan, what I think he means about amend is when his regular drivers license expires and he has to renew it. His CDL will expire when his regular drivers license does.

It's good for 8 years, I renewed my license last April and yeah it was around $200.00, don't really remember it, but I did post about it on here.

So Loco if my drivers license I have now doesn't expire till 2012,that receipt they gave me as a temporary to bring down to the dmv in 7 days btw which I lost already.How much do I have to pay and is that receipt necessary to present physically at the dmv,or is everything in the computer that I passed at the dmv.If not how do I get another temporary.Thanks in advance.

My bad Dan The man.Your Info was also very encouraging and uplifting.I got to add you as a friend.Those people that I mentioned was fast in my friends list.Forgive me Dan I apologize.I heard it's more like 200 bucks to get it amended.

last year i payed at the dmv $112.50 to amend it

So Loco if my drivers license I have now doesn't expire till 2012,that receipt they gave me as a temporary to bring down to the dmv in 7 days btw which I lost already.How much do I have to pay and is that receipt necessary to present physically at the dmv,or is everything in the computer that I passed at the dmv.If not how do I get another temporary.Thanks in advance.

I got my CDL on May/08, my drivers license expired in May/10, so when it came time to renew I paid something like $180.00, so my CDL B expires in 2018.

They have you in their computer, not sure if they will charge you for a replacement for your temp CDL, if so it's probably just a few dollars. Most likely fill out a form and show ID at the counter.

From the DMV Website:

For driver licenses with an expiration date ON AND AFTER September 1, 2009.

(The fees listed include the photo document fee.)

* IMPORTANT For driver licenses that expire on and after September 1, 2009, there is a supplemental Metropolitan Commuter Transportation District (MCTD) fee of $1.00 for every six months the permit or driver license will be in effect.

The fee is paid by residents of the five New York City counties of: Bronx, Kings (Brooklyn), New York (Manhattan), Queens and Richmond (Staten Island).

Class A, Class B or Class C - $164.50/$180.50* 1,2- Valid for eight years.

I was close, off by 50 cents, there you go

remember that as a CDL holder you are held to higher standards. Drive safe out there.

When I passed my road test I went back to the dmv and paid I think $5 or $10 bucks and then they gave me the paper license. I think your confusing this with renewing your entire license wich I paid $135.00 in '08. After you pass your road test the dmv is not going to charge you a crazy sum of $200 thats insane.

That is correct Dan, amend and renew are 2 different things. Amend means to modify and renew means to make like new.

Anyway he doesn't have to "renew" his license until 2012...I wish the DMV made things more clearer.

They are sure a pain to deal with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After spending 3-1/2 hours enduring the long lines, surly clerks and insane regulations at the Department of Motor Vehicles, a guy stopped at a toy store to pick up a gift for his son. He selected a baseball bat and took it to the cash register.

"Cash or charge?" the clerk asked.

"Cash," he snapped.

He then apologized for his rudeness, telling the clerk that he had spent all afternoon at the motor-vehicle bureau.

"Shall I gift wrap the bat?" the clerk asked sweetly. "Or are you going back there?" :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
Today I only paid 12.50.Being that I went from c to b with psn endorsement.I was really surprised. but when I got to renew it in 2012 it's probably going to be a bit costly.

yeah, but after you renew it next year your CDL is going to be valid for 8 years.

I am sure they will have raised the DMV fees by next year since the state is broke.

Thanks Loco.Btw are the endorsements included in the 8 years once I renew it.Or is that separate.Thanks in advance.Why are the jets running on a 3rd in 5

with 4 minutes left up only 10 with a qb like brady.Smh at Rex Ryan play calling.lol

Thanks Loco.Btw are the endorsements included in the 8 years once I renew it.Or is that separate.Thanks in advance.Why are the jets running on a 3rd in 5

with 4 minutes left up only 10 with a qb like brady.Smh at Rex Ryan play calling.lol

Yes, the endorsements are valid when you renew your CDL,

no need to take the written tests over again. Yeah, that

was questionable play calling by Ryan, but it all worked out.

I think I am going to pass out:p if the Jets win next Sunday.

It's been 42 years since they last went to the Super Bowl

1969! that is like almost half a century, lol.

• 4 years later...

Does anyone know the whole Maspeth cdl road test route? Imma take the test there next month. Thank you.

Not offhand, however I do remember that they take you over track tracks and 1 exit on the Long Island Expressway with several overpasses.

• 2 weeks later...

Not offhand, however I do remember that they take you over track tracks and 1 exit on the Long Island Expressway with several overpasses.

not a big deal now I took it last week and I passed it. It was tricky full of obstacles such as construction zones all over The place , a lot of traffic,stop signs and inactive railroad crossings but you just gotta be relaxed and take your time in everything.

Archived