Taking the test in Maspeth on Tuesday November 23rd.

Steling

Welcome and I'm guessing your CDL or reg lic. Well make sure you come to A full stop by RR crossings and be careful some are hidden and got pavement so with the incline on the street you might miss it and that's A no no

If CDL make sure you don't pull out before you take that Block out by the wheel very important you could fail just for that but lol if I'm wrong on all and this is something different then disregard

Oh man, that brings back memories or should I say nightmares about my CDL Road test in Maspeth 2 years ago.

I ran over the wheel chock,:) during my air brake inspection. Ditto what KR said. Just don't be nervous and think first before you are asked to do something.

I hope for your sake that you don't get the DMV Examiner who is short and wears a mullet and sunglasses, who fails just about everybody. Good luck.

Thats my area where my job is, and I love looking at the rookies driving with the dmv examiner, while I blow past them with the cell phone, no seatbelt, limo tinted window truck lol making wide turns :cool:

When I took my roadtest in mazz, my examiner was on the cell phone the whole time, just told me your doing good just drive.....holla

Thats my area where my job is, and I love looking at the rookies driving with the dmv examiner, while I blow past them with the cell phone, no seatbelt, limo tinted window truck lol making wide turns :cool:

When I took my roadtest in mazz, my examiner was on the cell phone the whole time, just told me your doing good just drive.....holla

lucky bastard ...ish I had my CDL test in RedHook with some tough Examiner but I aced it ,However the Chock wheel test I saw another dude jand this other guy he had failed by running over the board by the wheel ,He was crying but told me to be on my game for that one .

Dan I've been seeing your Alarm trucks all over the LIE and this hot black Rig yo that was hot lol and I blew right past some black dude with a hat in a Red rig hoping it was you but hey I got 1 for the team

Oh man, that brings back memories or should I say nightmares about my CDL Road test in Maspeth 2 years ago.

I ran over the wheel chock,:P during my air brake inspection. Ditto what KR said. Just don't be nervous and think first before you are asked to do something.

I hope for your sake that you don't get the DMV Examiner who is short and wears a mullet and sunglasses, who fails just about everybody. Good luck.

Same here man! Took mine 2 years ago in The Bronx, but I heard over in Maspeth the examiners can fail you for just about one simple mistake you make on the road test. No matter what it is. I took it in The Bronx twice because I failed the first time on the parking, and because the examiner was an ******* the whole time. On the 2nd try I passed with a different examiner, and only had a few points taken off.

Hey guys I thank God for all of your positive feedback and pointers.Unfortunately I didn't know how to read the feedback on this forum til today after my huge failure.My test went around the corner and back,there's a stop sign around the corner and some type of rail road street that had the right of way.After stopping the bus I proceeded like it was a four way.Brake slams you know the rest.I got 1 more shot to get it right at work force ones expense.The only place this driving school schedules the road test is in maspeth.This female from the school passed yesterday with 10 points.God knows best.Locomotion I read your post on you failure It had me Rotf.I'm talking about the wig wag story.

I know exactly what you are talking about. My road test in Maspeth lasted no more then 5 minutes. You know you failed when he says to drive back before you get to go on the highway.

Hopefully the 2nd time around you will pass. Learn from your mistakes . Your instructor should have taken you around the road test area a few times while you were in training.

Even if it was him driving, he can point out where the stop signs are, RR crossings, etc.

But yeah I would say most fail in Maspeth because of the RR crossings, which most of them are inactive.

Hey guys I thank God for all of your positive feedback and pointers.Unfortunately I didn't know how to read the feedback on this forum til today after my huge failure.My test went around the corner and back,there's a stop sign around the corner and some type of rail road street that had the right of way.After stopping the bus I proceeded like it was a four way.Brake slams you know the rest.I got 1 more shot to get it right at work force ones expense.The only place this driving school schedules the road test is in maspeth.This female from the school passed yesterday with 10 points.God knows best.Locomotion I read your post on you failure It had me Rotf.I'm talking about the wig wag story.

That's how it was with me on my first try...

Thank you for the kind words Locomotion,I thank I'm going to go there on my own before the next road test.Unfortunate for me I live in Staten Island.I got the best wife in the world a few words does a lot of cheering up and encouraging.God is still awesome,he blessed us all with a beautiful day today no matter how gloomy some situations appear God always shows us a positive in a negative situation.

lucky bastard ...ish I had my CDL test in RedHook with some tough Examiner but I aced it ,However the Chock wheel test I saw another dude jand this other guy he had failed by running over the board by the wheel ,He was crying but told me to be on my game for that one .

Dan I've been seeing your Alarm trucks all over the LIE and this hot black Rig yo that was hot lol and I blew right past some black dude with a hat in a Red rig hoping it was you but hey I got 1 for the team

If you passed one of the ALMAR trucks then either he was loaded or the driver was sick, because we pass you not the other way around :cool:

That rail road crossing is on 48st and its a major pain in the ass over there especially during the morning rush. sometimes when I'm in that area around 9 or so I see the guys waiting and waiting and waiting for an oppourtunity to go thru. Alot of retards don't put there turn signals on so you don't know wich way there turning. When your nervouse and thinking about the dmv jerk off then you panick, and make wrong moves.

I was lucky when I took my A because I already had a B and when the dmv examiner saw that he got in the truck, told me to drive and took a phone call, I drove under the koz, did my parking while he outside talking on the phone not even looking at me, went to 48st, stopped at the deli he got a coffee I got a arizona iced tea and a egg samich......got on the 495, took it to woodhaven and turned around back to the street and told me "yea your good" and we were talking like we knew each other for 100 years. Boy did I get lucky that day.

Dan I didn't even make it that far.Air brakes pre inspection all went smooth.It was when I hit the end of the block where the test takes place and made that right.A couple of feet down the road there's a stop sign.I stopped but didn't notice that the left side had the right of way with no stop sign.I'm not sure where the traffic was coming from looked like some kind of rail

road yard or something.I remember seeing tracks.Anyways after my stop I proceeded.The inspector slammed on the brakes and told me they had the right of way.Btw the inspector was a cool dude.He was real nice.The school I went to also does a great job.I blame myself.My next scheduled test is on Dec 22.When I'm driving in my personal vehicle now I'm calling out everything hazzards double parked vehicles underpasses etc,driving the wife and kids bonkers(lol).kind of storing the cdl vehicle protocol in my brain memory this way if there's anything out of place it will click like clock work the day of the test.I just hope after the test that I can delete hat part of the memory to driving as usual.Can anybody recall the whole maspeth route,I would appreciate if someone can post it.Thanks in advance either way.:)

Dan I didn't even make it that far.Air brakes pre inspection all went smooth.It was when I hit the end of the block where the test takes place and made that right.A couple of feet down the road there's a stop sign.I stopped but didn't notice that the left side had the right of way with no stop sign.I'm not sure where the traffic was coming from looked like some kind of rail

road yard or something.I remember seeing tracks.Anyways after my stop I proceeded.The inspector slammed on the brakes and told me they had the right of way.Btw the inspector was a cool dude.He was real nice.The school I went to also does a great job.I blame myself.My next scheduled test is on Dec 22.When I'm driving in my personal vehicle now I'm calling out everything hazzards double parked vehicles underpasses etc,driving the wife and kids bonkers(lol).kind of storing the cdl vehicle protocol in my brain memory this way if there's anything out of place it will click like clock work the day of the test.I just hope after the test that I can delete hat part of the memory to driving as usual.Can anybody recall the whole maspeth route,I would appreciate if someone can post it.Thanks in advance either way.:)

don`t get up set u`ll pass the second time but take it on staten island u go to a driving school on richomnd ave by eltingville train station the road test is on glen street if u take ur cdl road test on staten island do it there it`s alot easyer

This is how far I got on the route. Start on 50th St, right turn on 56th Rd,

right on 48th St, right on 55th Ave,righton 58th St.....

somewhere on 58th St I was asked to stop at a simulated RR crossing, that is when I failed for not yielding to the car behind me who was passing around me.

Highway driving is the last part, to get on the LIE, you would

take Maurice Ave or 58th St. Every instructor takes a different route. Don't sweat it, you will pass the 2nd time around, just don't rush into anything. They won't fail you

for driving cautiously, the worst they can do is take off a few points. But commit a "Dangerous Action"=Fail.

Thanks a lot guys appreciate the pointers.Loco when you were stopped in the rail road zone did they still expect you to call the cars going around you on the left when you were stopped,or when you proceeded.

I had turned off my hazards, closed the passenger side door

and just as I was about to proceed the idiot behind me decides to pass me on my left, the examiner saw this and slammed on the brake, I only went as far as about 10 feet.

I had several cars stopped behind me, and as you know everybody that drives in NYC is always in a rush to get somewhere, if the guy behind me would have waited a few more seconds I wouldn't have failed the road test. At the very least I would have been able to finish it and barely passed because I already had points for running over the wheel chock, pulling out with low air pressure and making a right turn a little too wide.

I had turned off my hazards, closed the passenger side door

and just as I was about to proceed the idiot behind me decides to pass me on my left, the examiner saw this and slammed on the brake, I only went as far as about 10 feet.

I had several cars stopped behind me, and as you know everybody that drives in NYC is always in a rush to get somewhere, if the guy behind me would have waited a few more seconds I wouldn't have failed the road test. At the very least I would have been able to finish it and barely passed because I already had points for running over the wheel chock, pulling out with low air pressure and making a right turn a little too wide.

Jeez, thats a bad day. Such a pain in the ass just to take the written and then the road test. I'm so glad I don't have to go thru with that anymore. My co-woorker told me he had to re-take the test because of too many accidents, that sucks.

Archived